• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email client - Custom notification

evilcat

Lurker
Jun 7, 2010
Hey folks,

I recently replaced my iPhone with the new Evo 4g and I am a very happy camper. The iPhone feels like a toy, with horrible reception and super slow speeds it can't come close to the Evo.

My post is in regards to something slightly different; I am trying to setup email notification in such a way that email's matching a specific rules(high priority or coming from a certain email address) would make a distinctive sound.

I need this mostly for my monitoring system, I would like to have it setup in such a way that if I get a high priority email the phone will make a specific sound until the message is marked read.

Currently I have fetchmail pooling my email box and if there is an email matching a specific regexp it creates an outbound call using asterisk. This is a bit elaborate and it involves yet another system that needs to be up for this to work.

Is there anything that supports it out of the box?

Thanks much
Tom

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones