• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email Client for ICS

wtherrell

Android Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2010
Can't get any email clients to work reliably after ICS. Pop3 servers. K-9 mail bogs down and loads on a couple of emails when there are 30 or more waiting. Then just sits there spinning when I tell it to check mail. After a while of saying "loading messages" it doesn't load any then just says "Next poll at..." It used to work and works fine on my phone. Several others now say they have difficulty connecting to server. Funny, my phone doesn't have any trouble. Other programs don't have server connection problems. Can get there from browser but slow. Maildroid, several other free ones listed in playstore won't work or are not reliable . Some paid ones but I'm not going to pay when their free version doesn't even work.
Right now the only thing that works is Gmail. I have deleted and restored accounts with same poor results.

What is wrong with maildroid, what error are you getting?
Well, My tablet died. I finally got it charged up and to reboot but now it will not load Google Play store. Keeps saying no connection. Dolphin browser still works, so I know I can get to the internet. Perhaps the problem was the tablet going bonkers. Can't update Gmail either--no error message-just fails to sync. Date shows Jan 1 2000 and will not update. Once I get straightened out I will give maildroid another try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones