• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help email notification tone wont change

gooneruk

Lurker
Mar 8, 2013
Downloaded a new tone from the zedge app and have it set in my email notification settings but it still uses my standard tone for emails . Amyone heard of this before ? I have zedge tones set for other apps that work well just emails . I have a galaxy note 2. Thanks guys .

Downloaded a new tone from the zedge app and have it set in my email notification settings but it still uses my standard tone for emails . Amyone heard of this before ? I have zedge tones set for other apps that work well just emails . I have a galaxy note 2. Thanks guys .

if you did the change in system settings/sound/ringtone and notifications that will be the default, check in the mail/settings/[email1] notifications settings if its set to default or other tones.

goodluck :)

Upvote 0
I have the same problem on a brand new Galaxy Note II. I have not added any additional ringtones but the default email tone will not change. I open email and go:
Settings > General preferences > Select ringtone > 'Temple Bell (for example). The new tone is selected but whenever I get an email the standard bell tone is used.

Upvote 0
This caught me out as well.

Open the stock email app.
Go to settings.

You will see both "General Preferences" and "your email account".

Within general preferences there is a ringtone menu, however there is also a ringtone menu within the added email account/settings.

I'm not quite sure which one takes preference so both of mine are set to the "knock" fx and that's what I hear on notification.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones