1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

email notification tone wont changeSupport

1. gooneruk

gooneruk New Member

Downloaded a new tone from the zedge app and have it set in my email notification settings but it still uses my standard tone for emails . Amyone heard of this before ? I have zedge tones set for other apps that work well just emails . I have a galaxy note 2. Thanks guys .

Advertisement
    :
  2. mecampo

mecampo Well-Known Member

if you did the change in system settings/sound/ringtone and notifications that will be the default, check in the mail/settings/[email1] notifications settings if its set to default or other tones.

goodluck :)
  3. darkscot

darkscot New Member

I have the same problem on a brand new Galaxy Note II. I have not added any additional ringtones but the default email tone will not change. I open email and go:
    Settings > General preferences > Select ringtone > 'Temple Bell (for example). The new tone is selected but whenever I get an email the standard bell tone is used.
  4. Nobby Sheep

Nobby Sheep Well-Known Member

This caught me out as well.

Open the stock email app.
    Go to settings.

You will see both "General Preferences" and "your email account".

Within general preferences there is a ringtone menu, however there is also a ringtone menu within the added email account/settings.

I'm not quite sure which one takes preference so both of mine are set to the "knock" fx and that's what I hear on notification.