• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email security certificate??

bp08

Dec 13, 2011
Ohio
Hey guys,

Something weird has been happening lately. So, I got this phone the day of release and set up my outlook exchange email flawlessly. About two weeks ago, I started not getting any emails, and I slowly realized this.

So when I go into my stock email app to refresh it says the server cannot connect because the settings are wrong. (Which I never changed the settings before and it worked fine?).

Anyways, once I go to my settings and server and whatnot I have all of that information in correctly, but this is where I think my problem occurs. There is an option for client certificate and my phone says none and when i click on "select" it says..

"No certificate found. The application exchange services has requested a certificate. Selecting a certificate will grant the application the ability to use this identity with servers now and in the future. You can install certificates from a PKCS#12 file with a .pfx or a .p12 extension located in external storage."

Has anyone had this problem? What do I do about this "certificate"?

Thanks guys

I already have a PIN lock to my lockscreen. I don't see why that has anything to do with a security certificate for my email, but then again I could be totally wrong. It seems like I need to somehow get a certificate from online to my phone, but I have no idea how that would work either. After many google searches I have found nothing which surprises me as well.

Upvote 0
This is actually my school email. It uses Outlook OWA. I have never had any problems in the past, so I'm not sure if it is an issue with my phone or my school(which I have never had a problem with my school dealing with this in the past)

Under my Outlook it says under settings that it recognizes my Nexus, but I just can't seem to figure out this security certificate on my phone. From looking at my phone it shows I have no security certificates on my phone or the storage within my phone. I wish I could just bypass the security but that is not an option on the nexus either.

Not sure if this answers any of your questions, but if you need any more information let me know.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Just called IT at my school and they said they haven't had a problem with the security certificate that I'm referring to. She did tell me to try to deactivate and reactivate but that did not work either.

Not sure if she had any idea what I was talking about (probably not), but that did not help at all. BTW my Gmail App works fine as well. If I could only find a certificate to put on my phone maybe it would work. Although I have no idea how to find that out.

Upvote 0
Hi there,

I v managed to set up mine, here is how it goes:

Fill in the normal settings on the first page (email + password)
then select manual setup/exchange

domain\username: domain(without .com or anything)\userID
Password:enter your password
Server:email.domain.com

SSL :yes
Accept all SSL certificates:yes
no need for client certificates
Port 443

These are obviously settings related to my company, what I have noticed however, is for Domain\Username, I used to input: userdID@domain.com, orjust userID and it never orked.

However it seems that domain\userID is working, even though I was using the exact same details as my outlook on my PC

I hope it works for you. I know this is little explanation but I got lucky on that one and not quite sure how I managed this. happy to help if I can

Upvote 0
Just called IT at my school and they said they haven't had a problem with the security certificate that I'm referring to. She did tell me to try to deactivate and reactivate but that did not work either.

Not sure if she had any idea what I was talking about (probably not), but that did not help at all. BTW my Gmail App works fine as well. If I could only find a certificate to put on my phone maybe it would work. Although I have no idea how to find that out.
Same problem here!!!!! H.E.L.P!!!!

Upvote 0
Hi there,

I v managed to set up mine, here is how it goes:

Fill in the normal settings on the first page (email + password)
then select manual setup/exchange

domain\username: domain(without .com or anything)\userID
Password:enter your password
Server:email.domain.com

SSL :yes
Accept all SSL certificates:yes
no need for client certificates
Port 443

These are obviously settings related to my company, what I have noticed however, is for Domain\Username, I used to input: userdID@domain.com, orjust userID and it never orked.

However it seems that domain\userID is working, even though I was using the exact same details as my outlook on my PC

I hope it works for you. I know this is little explanation but I got lucky on that one and not quite sure how I managed this. happy to help if I can

This worked Thank You ! Bravo !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones