• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Epic Hot Spot Help

is there a phone setting trick for sprint like verizon to change for the hotspot connection?
(had verizon and could dial #778 and change my nam settings and verizon data always thought i was on phone and then could use wifitether to connect laptop)

I would just "root" it is pretty easy these days and dl "wifitether for root", works on 802.11 "N". So your laptop needs to be able to connect to 802.11n or else you will never see the signal.

Upvote 0
I just bought the Samsung Epic for me and my wife, I can conncect my laptop using Hotspot feature and I can browse internet using my phone, my wife's phone does not have working hotspot. I did not activate any hotspot service from Sprint, Is it just a month trial or is my device defective to automatically get hotspot option? please advsie.

Upvote 0
I just bought the Samsung Epic for me and my wife, I can conncect my laptop using Hotspot feature and I can browse internet using my phone, my wife's phone does not have working hotspot. I did not activate any hotspot service from Sprint, Is it just a month trial or is my device defective to automatically get hotspot option? please advsie.

if you didn't pay the optional $30 for sprint hotspot feature, then you should not be able to make it work out-of-box. if it's working, then it's defective and you should send it over to me to correct it for you. just don't tell sprint about it, and don't be surprised when it stops working on its own.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones