ERIS Error popup messagesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. clvpatterson

clvpatterson Member This Topic's Starter

Every so offten, my Eris, pops up this error message "Sorry! The process com.ht.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" and I have to click "force close" I don't see anything happening to my phone.. Does anyone know what may be causing this?? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Those errors are often caused by remnants of an app that's been deleted or uninstalled by the user, or, an app becoming corrupted.

I'd first do a live battery pull and then run the device for a while to see if that has remedied the problem.

Failing that I'd uninstall all Market apps and re-install them being careful to configure each app to disallow background updates (those apps which have such a choice, such as weather, etc). Then, if all is going well with no error messages, I'd allow for the background updates one app at a time and run the device for a while to see if that app attempting to update has caused the error message.. until all apps have been tested that way.

Failing that I'd do a factory data reset.

Good luck, please take a lot of time for testing between each step and please post back as you go along.