• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris or the Devour

Devour comes with Motoblur which is a Social App of sorts (Correct me if im wrong but doesnt the Eris already have something like this though?). Devour is coming with 1.6 where as the Eris will be getting updated in the next month or so to 2.X. Eris is slimmer. What phone did she have before? I was thinking of getting this for my wife as well since it has the keyboard. Mine doesnt like all touch. But my wife is stupid ;P Its all bout the Eris!!!

Upvote 0
Take her to a store and let her look at and play with both.

The nexus one SEEMS to be cool however being with T-mobile , I could never imagine going with the nexus one

I'll wait for Verizon's addition in March/April

As far as Devour or Eris...I have the eris and it's facebook app is okay at best...I haven't used a phone with motoblur. I've had a droid and well...no comment on that POS

Here's what I suggest...

1. Since the Droid and Devour are virtually the same(take her to the store and see what she likes best the droid or the eris) but remember the Devour is slightly smaller(hopefully lighter than the droid) and the droid doesn't have motoblur. It's mainly to compare similar made devices since they both are motorola phones.

2. Go to a t-mobile store and play around with the motocliq since that has motoblur

I heard the Devour was coming early to some low level vzw channel and it'd be available widely around March 15

Upvote 0
You're gonna want to stay away from T-Mobile and their crappy mobile network. I know one person with a CLIQ, but I dunno how he likes it.

If you want the Devour, you're waiting another month for it.

My suggestion is to skip the fancy, fluffy crap like Sense and MOTOBLUR and go with a legit phone running Home. But that's just me, who wants the latest and greatest stuff, including both software and hardware.

Upvote 0
I hate t-mobile but the cliq is a cute phone and i love the fact i can do more with motoblur that i can't do with my Eris using sense as far as myspace and facebook are concerned...

I would try to get the devour but i already have a droid and it be kind of stupid to get the devour and they are almost the same phone with a few differences

Upvote 0
ERIS owns!!! my wife has a droid and i swear the screen is about to fall off the keyboard. it doesnt need the physical keyboard. so i assume the devour will be the same only cheaper! it reminds me of the orig sidekicks piece of dodo! motorola hmmm
? they used to make quality stuff then the razor hit. (only phone i actually broke in half, tho it still worked. lol i still have it too)

in short.... get an eris

Upvote 0
Devour comes with Motoblur which is a Social App of sorts (Correct me if im wrong but doesnt the Eris already have something like this though?). Devour is coming with 1.6 where as the Eris will be getting updated in the next month or so to 2.X. Eris is slimmer. What phone did she have before? I was thinking of getting this for my wife as well since it has the keyboard. Mine doesnt like all touch. But my wife is stupid ;P Its all bout the Eris!!!

Your wife should try out the SWYPE keyboard before deciding whether or not she likes the touch screen. It makes all the difference! And to be honest, the Eris stock keyboard is pretty awesome too. I had the Moto droid first and I find typing on the Eris much easier. So I vote for the Eris :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones