• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help erratic go launcher behavior

New Rising

Android Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2011
When i woke up today and turned my phone on my entire go launcher setup was gone accept for my dock customization. It was basically like a fresh install of go launcher with all the go launcher widgets that are initially setup accept for the dock. I redid some of my customization and rebooted the phone and my stuff stayed there this time. I've been using go launcher for probably almost a year now and this has never happened. I am rooted on eclipse if that makes a difference. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Not a big deal just wondering because it was so odd.

Thanks

It hasn't happened to me on any of my devices, but I do go into preferences every once in a while to backup the settings to my SD card on my stock D3. Since you are rooted, you can also use an app like Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro to back up the Go Launcher data on a schedule and then restore if something like this ever happens again.

Upvote 0
It hasn't happened to me on any of my devices, but I do go into preferences every once in a while to backup the settings to my SD card on my stock D3. Since you are rooted, you can also use an app like Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro to back up the Go Launcher data on a schedule and then restore if something like this ever happens again.

Thanks, I always saw that backup & restore option and never once have even looked into it before :eek:. I just did a backup in case this happens again, I just wish i knew how it happened.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones