• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error I can't figure out

mishika8487

Lurker
Nov 11, 2010
Hello all! I just got my EVo today and from the moment I had it activated, I am sporadically receiving the error below:

The application Google Framework (process com.google.process.gapps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

And then it either gives me thr option to "force close" or, just "ok". I have nooo idea what this means. Any ideas? :thinking:

I did a random google search. Try this:

Goto settings > Accounts & Sync > (goto your gamil account)
You should see there Sync contacts , Sync Gmail, Sync Calendar.
Try to manually sync each one individually.*
See on what item you get the error.
Usally you get this error if you have problem with you Calenadar Sync.
So what you need to do is to clear it's data!
goto Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > find "Calendar Storage"
press the clear data button.
That's it, try to sync again...
(If it's not the calinder that causing the problem then you need to clear the relevent data of the problematic item)

Hope it helps

Reactions: bigmtnskier
Upvote 0
About two weeks after I got my EVO I began receiving that same error message and my phone was unusable. At first the message came up occasionally, but it quickly progressed so that I could not access anything on the phone. I spent 3-4 hours on another phone with Sprint trying to fix the problem. We tried syncing and unsyncing, resetting and even doing a couple hard resets, and many other things. They told me to take it back to a Sprint store for a replacement. I took it to the Sprint store and the guy there tells me he knows how to fix it. I walked out 15 minutes later with it working perfectly again. Still not sure what happened. I have a version 002 and have not rooted it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones