• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Okay, I must have missed something somewhere but I can't find a straight answer. Forgive the n00bness, but...

WHAT IS ESE53??? :thinking:

What is/was ERE25? Are these program builds by Motorola, or some secret code I'm not privy too, or something else?

I notice the new ROMs are basing themselves on ESE53 but I haven't a clue what it is, what it does or why I would want it on my Droid. I am currently running Bugless Beast 1.1 and am pretty happy with it. Not sure why I would change.

Thanks in advance for addressing this for We the Uninitiated. :D

Upvote 0
Okay, I rooted the other night and last night I installed the nandroid recovery console then used the nandroid version of the ese5 file linked in the first post of this thread. All went well and I am at v 2.1 update 1.

My only question is about overclocking. I want to go faster. I've been o'cing my computers since back in the day when you could get 166MHz out of a 133MHz chip. I know...screamin'.

I don't think its currently o'ced though. Screens don't seems any quicker and with live walls enabled I notice a slight choppy effect with some screen changes. I bought setcpu but when I run it the max slider maxes out at 600mhz. So now what? Does this version not contain a o'cable kernel? Reading the thread I thought it did. Someone pls show me the light.

Thx...

Also, in SetCpu under system info is show BogoMIPS as 599.36. Is that the current clock speed?

Upvote 0
... I bought setcpu but when I run it the max slider maxes out at 600mhz. So now what? Does this version not contain a o'cable kernel? Reading the thread I thought it did. Someone pls show me the light.

Thx...

For OC kernels on the Droid you need to choose "Auto Detect" when setting up SetCPU else if you Selest Droid then it will Max out at the Droid specified 600MHZ...

Upvote 0
Anyone have any insight into this? I specifically tried to find aCar, with no luck. I had backed it up with astro file manager, but now I don't see it in the list of apps to restore...almost as if it can't be read by 2.1.

Hi,

I'm the author of aCar. I've already had a few other complains that aCar can not be found using 2.1 devices! I don't know what's going on and why it's getting filtered. From technical point of view, I haven't touched the application Android minimum version (which is 1.5) since day one. Moreover I haven't set any region limitation or such.

The only tricky thing is that I've copy protected the application on Market. I guess some custom ROMs can not access the copy protected apps.

The whole copy protection thing was just for my own experimentation because it didn't mean anything for a free application. But I'm somehow stuck with it!!! Because if I remove the protection flag, 1.5 devices will have problem running it. There is a known bug on 1.5 devices with copy protection flag change!

The good news is that you can already download aCar from alternate Markets like "SlideMe.org". It has a client like Google Market one, you download it, browse its Market and download your desired apps. I've always uploaded the latest version there. Let me know if this works for you.

Best Regards,

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm the author of aCar. I've already had a few other complains that aCar can not be found using 2.1 devices! I don't know what's going on and why it's getting filtered. From technical point of view, I haven't touched the application Android minimum version (which is 1.5) since day one. Moreover I haven't set any region limitation or such.

The only tricky thing is that I've copy protected the application on Market. I guess some custom ROMs can not access the copy protected apps.

The whole copy protection thing was just for my own experimentation because it didn't mean anything for a free application. But I'm somehow stuck with it!!! Because if I remove the protection flag, 1.5 devices will have problem running it. There is a known bug on 1.5 devices with copy protection flag change!

The good news is that you can already download aCar from alternate Markets like "SlideMe.org". It has a client like Google Market one, you download it, browse its Market and download your desired apps. I've always uploaded the latest version there. Let me know if this works for you.

Best Regards,

Thanks! I picked up the app from SlideMe, and it worked great.

Upvote 0
i would like to try this however i have been using droid root helper, i havent been able to get the terminal working on my puter so does anyone have any step by step instructions on how to install this using root helper??

What are you trying to figure out? ESE53 ROMs can easily be applied to a rooted phone with SPRecovery through a Nandroid backup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones