• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo Design 4G

kc2fya

Lurker
Jul 30, 2013
I have had this HTC Evo Design 4G (Wi-max) through Boost Mobile here in Central NJ in Union County. I received the phone from my cousin in SC and had the store here do the ESN change and upgraded to the Unlimited 4G Android plan in June 2013. I am very impressed with the phone. The battery does lose it's charge quickly, but after setting the display low, keeping the 4G and Wi-Fi off along with "App" management, I get 2-3 days on a single charge.

The audio in the earpiece is very rich sounding and loud, in fact I keep it at half volume. The screen display is crisp looking and I have not had issues freezing or having to re-boot yet. The Boost service yields me about 1.2-1.5 Mbps download on 3G, and about 5.1 Mbps download on 4G (using Net Speed) on average. Texting is awesome, even with photos. I will keep all apprised, thank you.

KC2FYA.
Bill U.

I have had this HTC Evo Design 4G (Wi-max) through Boost Mobile here in Central NJ in Union County. I received the phone from my cousin in SC and had the store here do the ESN change and upgraded to the Unlimited 4G Android plan in June 2013. I am very impressed with the phone. The battery does lose it's charge quickly, but after setting the display low, keeping the 4G and Wi-Fi off along with "App" management, I get 2-3 days on a single charge.

The audio in the earpiece is very rich sounding and loud, in fact I keep it at half volume. The screen display is crisp looking and I have not had issues freezing or having to re-boot yet. The Boost service yields me about 1.2-1.5 Mbps download on 3G, and about 5.1 Mbps download on 4G (using Net Speed) on average. Texting is awesome, even with photos. I will keep all apprised, thank you.

KC2FYA.
Bill U.

Welcome to the fourms, Bill U. Thank you for starting right off with a nice review like that. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones