• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo or Shift?

infasquad

Lurker
Mar 29, 2011
Hello!

I've waited 2 years until my AT&T contract expires, and now I can finally get rid of this useless LG xenon feature phone. I am signing up with Sprint and I need some expert advice on which phone to get. After many months of waiting and reading reviews, I narrowed it down to, 2 phones..

Evo or Shift?

Which one guys?? Price not an issue.

Welcome to the Android Forums!

The final decision really is going to depend on your specific needs...

The Shift has a smaller screen, a slide-out keyboard, and a front facing camera. The EVO comes with a HDMI out port and a larger micro SD card. Are any of these features important to you?

215487-chart-evo-vs-evo2_original.gif

Upvote 0
Thanks for that info graphic! I agree, it all boils down to preference... both are elite phones in it's class...

I'm so use to having a physical keyboard that conventional wisdom says Shift, but hearing so many reviews out there and praise of the EVO got me looking for a change. I am concern w/ the bulk of the 4.3 inch display, but when you physically feel it at hand, it's not that big as intially thought, and people say you get use to it and it's a better user experience with a bigger screen.......

Any other EVO owners out there that agree? Plus, I hear the only downfall is the battery life, it's pretty pathetic.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Any other EVO owners out there that agree? Plus, I hear the only downfall is the battery life, it's pretty pathetic.:thinking:

Smartphones typically do not have tremendous battery life... it's simply the nature of the beast. Few people want to carry around a brick so most manufacturers configure these phones with the smallest batteries they can get away with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones