• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evos in the mail.

jam-bro

Sep 19, 2010
Very happy to say that I am about to get a couple of new Evos for my wife and I.:D I've read lots of very informative threads(thanx to all). I am getting them from Sprint.com and I would like to know what I should do first with them.

1-I read that I must charge(8hrs) and then calibrate the battery.
2-In terms of making sure I don't get refurbs, ##786# should show activation dates unless previous ones were erased. What else should I look for in here? Version? What is the current one?
3-Light leakage? What does that look like?
ETC...

Any comments will be appreciated... Thanx in advanced...

Dis regarding the post above me that made no sense... (probably didn't read your post)

For #1, you don't have to do that. I never have, there are no battery issues with min aside frm it being a little short, but that's understandable with these phones.

For #2, just punch that in the dialer, and read through. There's something along the lines of refurbished written in the pop up that comes, if it says yes, its refurbished.

For #3, just turn the lights off im your room and look along the bottom edge near the search key and whatnot.

Upvote 0
Jam-bro, Welcome to the world of EVO!!! Don't always believe what the EVO hater's say. As long as you have a couple battery chargers around you will be fine. I just ordered my wife a EVO from Sprint and as far as I know I never heard, up until now, that they ship refurbished EVO's. You and your wife will not be dissapointed, enjoy! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones