Evos in the mail.Tips

Last Updated:

1. jam-bro

jam-bro Member This Topic's Starter

Very happy to say that I am about to get a couple of new Evos for my wife and I.:D I've read lots of very informative threads(thanx to all). I am getting them from Sprint.com and I would like to know what I should do first with them.

1-I read that I must charge(8hrs) and then calibrate the battery.
    2-In terms of making sure I don't get refurbs, ##786# should show activation dates unless previous ones were erased. What else should I look for in here? Version? What is the current one?
    3-Light leakage? What does that look like?
    ETC...

Any comments will be appreciated... Thanx in advanced...

Advertisement
  2. SoSickSilvia

SoSickSilvia Active Member

first thing for me was case and screen protector.

3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dis regarding the post above me that made no sense... (probably didn't read your post)

For #1, you don't have to do that. I never have, there are no battery issues with min aside frm it being a little short, but that's understandable with these phones.

For #2, just punch that in the dialer, and read through. There's something along the lines of refurbished written in the pop up that comes, if it says yes, its refurbished.

For #3, just turn the lights off im your room and look along the bottom edge near the search key and whatnot.

4. slopokdave

slopokdave Active Member

If you bought them from Sprint, why are you worried about them being refurbished? Has anyone ever bought a new one and received refurbished?

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Actually, slopokdave, quite a few people have been ripped off like that, yes. It's sad, but it's almost a must to check if the phone is actually new now; Sprint has been telling everyone they're getting new phones, when they're just recycling the old broken ones to get them in people's hands.

6. jam-bro

jam-bro Member This Topic's Starter

Foodman... Thnx for your responses.

7. RaiderNations

RaiderNations Member

Jam-bro, Welcome to the world of EVO!!! Don't always believe what the EVO hater's say. As long as you have a couple battery chargers around you will be fine. I just ordered my wife a EVO from Sprint and as far as I know I never heard, up until now, that they ship refurbished EVO's. You and your wife will not be dissapointed, enjoy! :D