• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVP Delivery Dates

Well I'm suppose to receive a call back in 20mins about my family plan from EVP. I'll ask them then on a ETA. Hopefully their expecting to get the phones today and then ship today. I'll let you all know..

I suspect they won't know much that they haven't already said. It sounds like they won't get any new info until the phones are actually delivered to their warehouse, in which, they have stated they immediately fulfill their orders.

I think dreams of getting the phone on Wednesday are a little far fetched... Thursday or Friday is more realistic. I just want the phones to get here so I can stop antagonizing over them!

Upvote 0
I know i emailed Brian the end of last week and he said they weren't in there invenotry yet. This does beat waiting at the store and since I have a warehouse in my city I'll get it on Friday regardless of shipping method. I didn't choose a method as far as I know I just emailed Brian to confirm I wanted the phone. I sold my TP2 and yesterday my friend sold his Blackberry Tour. We went into the Sprint store so he could transfer his contacts to an older phone and he wanted his BB wipes for selling.

Some girl walked in and said to the employee I am wanting to get an EVO. I turned around and said oh you have to wait till Friday and then you may not even get one good luck. She said she lived around the corner and I said oh well just be back early Fri. She said she had been waiting and wanting one for like 4 months. I said oh I just found out about it a little over a month ago. We talked for a bit and I told her about me and EVP and how we were hoping to get it early. And I asked Sprint if they could sell us accessories early and they said no they didn't have them in yet nor the phone. There being so tight lipped about it.

My other stored when I called and asked about getting accessories early the guy put me hold for a few and came back and said no. And I said no what no I can't get them early or no you don't have them in yet and he sat there on the phone not knowing what to say and then he goes oh we don't have them yet like he was lying. I said is there one on display of course he said no. I said well I'm getting my phone Wed I needed accessories now and he said how are you doing that? I said through EVP. I was really hoping to get an email today saying it would be shipped tomorrow. I ordered this Innocase II Seidio purple case and some screen protects that should come in 2 days. There being shipped today with 2 day shipping.

Upvote 0
In the meantime, check out this review from Zdnet. The reviewer liked it so much that he's thinking about cancelling his Verizon contract and getting Sprint service with the Evo. He also mentioned that even though he really doesn't have service in his house with sprint that the phone is still worth it. Super ++++. lol

Hands-on with the Sprint HTC EVO 4G; is it a carrier changer? | ZDNet

Upvote 0
Sorry erikivy for another thread notice, but more speculation!

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/89152-sprint-will-well-stocked-evos.html

Looks like the Sprint stores are receiving their shipments in preparation for Friday. Just thinking that if the stores are receiving their shipments, HOPEFULLY, the EVP warehouse is receiving similar shipments today.

Evo is a sickness...I just need to get mine so I can get past all this anticipation :-D

Upvote 0
Sorry erikivy for another thread notice, but more speculation!

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/89152-sprint-will-well-stocked-evos.html

Looks like the Sprint stores are receiving their shipments in preparation for Friday. Just thinking that if the stores are receiving their shipments, HOPEFULLY, the EVP warehouse is receiving similar shipments today.

Evo is a sickness...I just need to get mine so I can get past all this anticipation :-D

NP! Radio Shack got theirs in last friday. Well the one here. I'm not sure whats the deal with EVP. lol

Upvote 0
Is it normal not to get an email from them after talking to them on the phone? I got one email when I initially signed up on the website then talked to them today on the phone and gave them my CC info but never recieved an email, figured I would at least get something saying how much they planned to charge my CC?

Just a headsup for anyone expecting them early, they are still not showing in inventory and according to the rep i spoke with likely won't ship until the 4th but you will get it Saturday if you paid the 12 bucks for overnight shipping.

Upvote 0
Is it normal not to get an email from them after talking to them on the phone? I got one email when I initially signed up on the website then talked to them today on the phone and gave them my CC info but never recieved an email, figured I would at least get something saying how much they planned to charge my CC?

Just a headsup for anyone expecting them early, they are still not showing in inventory and according to the rep i spoke with likely won't ship until the 4th but you will get it Saturday if you paid the 12 bucks for overnight shipping.

I thought it was weird too, but I had the same experience. Talked to them over the phone, and received an email from Andrew originally so I had his contact info (now Brian is my rep while Andrew is on vacation). Gave them my billing info, but didn't receive a summary or receipt or anything yet. Service has been great so far, so I'm going on that and hoping they know what they're doing.

Usually, companies won't charge your credit card until merchandise has shipped, at which time I assume we'll receive a summary of charges... Hope I'm right, but if not, I used my Costco Amex which has been great for customer protection.

Edit: I really hope they aren't delivering Saturday b/c I have mine shipping to my work, and that would mean I have to wait until Monday to get it, and paid the extra $12 shipping charge for nothing... :-(

Upvote 0

+1 same exact thing happened to me today. Wondering, too, if this is normal?

Upvote 0
+1 same exact thing happened to me today. Wondering, too, if this is normal?

I don't know if that is normal. My rep "Lisa" sent me a entire fancy receipt in a pdf file with the billing statement and a fancy picture of the evo attached to it and all that I was paying for on it as well. I got the phone for 175 with a mail in rebate of course and I changed plans plus added a new line. I'm just glad I got actual verification unlike some of you guys. :D Furthermore, I talked to them on the phone....

Upvote 0
I don't know if that is normal. My rep "Lisa" sent me a entire fancy receipt in a pdf file with the billing statement and a fancy picture of the evo attached to it and all that I was paying for on it as well. I got the phone for 175 with a mail in rebate of course and I changed plans plus added a new line. I'm just glad I got actual verification unlike some of you guys. :D Furthermore, I talked to them on the phone....

I dealt with Lisa as well! She was very accommodating, going the extra mile to get me the same $175 price (no rebate for me!), as well as walking me through the $100 porting credit. I swapped emails with her last week hoping for some good news, but she didn't have anything further to pass along. I hope like hell to get a ship notice tomorrow. I can just picture a warehouse packed to the rafters with EVOs. They've GOT to be there by now! PLEASE!

Upvote 0
I dealt with Lisa as well! She was very accommodating, going the extra mile to get me the same $175 price (no rebate for me!), as well as walking me through the $100 porting credit. I swapped emails with her last week hoping for some good news, but she didn't have anything further to pass along. I hope like hell to get a ship notice tomorrow. I can just picture a warehouse packed to the rafters with EVOs. They've GOT to be there by now! PLEASE!

Lol hopefully we don't have to raid the warehouse.....I'm tired of waiting for shipping notification...hopefully it ships in the morning.

Upvote 0

I wonder for those of us that did pay the 12bucks if it is guarantee to have by Saturday. If not, I may cancel the Evo order and get it from the store. Looks like some ppcgeekers have already canceled their orders.

EVP Pre Order still hasnt received their EVOs? - Page 2 - PPCGeeks

Upvote 0
I wonder for those of us that did pay the 12bucks if it is guarantee to have by Saturday. If not, I may cancel the Evo order and get it from the store. Looks like some ppcgeekers have already canceled their orders.

EVP Pre Order still hasnt received their EVOs? - Page 2 - PPCGeeks

I'm excited as hell to get my hands on the phone, but I'm not far gone enough to cancel a pre-order and deal with retail BS. If it doesn't get here until Saturday or [gasp!] Monday, I'll survive. I might shed a tear or two, but I'll get over it. :)

Upvote 0
I'm excited as hell to get my hands on the phone, but I'm not far gone enough to cancel a pre-order and deal with retail BS. If it doesn't get here until Saturday or [gasp!] Monday, I'll survive. I might shed a tear or two, but I'll get over it. :)

LOL I know exactly what you mean. I can wait the extra day to NOT have to deal with the crowds and frustrated employees. Walking 10 steps to the front door to get the box hand delivered and opening it in the peace and quiet of my home is priceless :D

Upvote 0
LOL I know exactly what you mean. I can wait the extra day to NOT have to deal with the crowds and frustrated employees. Walking 10 steps to the front door to get the box hand delivered and opening it in the peace and quiet of my home is priceless :D

Lucky for you all. I have an insane work schedule next week. :(

But seriously, being able to have it delivered to your door is priceless and not dealing with the crazy retail crap will be great. I do plan to drive by a few stores to see the craziness though.. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones