• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange and "0 Minute" Appointment Reminders

Wadester

Jun 14, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
When I had my Windows Mobile 6.1 (Mogul) phone synced with my Exchange server, all of the Appointments I would create in Outlook with "0 Minute" Reminders would fire right at the Start Time on my phone.

However, after some testing, I noticed any new Appointments I create in Outlook with a "0 Minute" Reminder will show up on my EVO 4G but without the Reminder set at all (the Bell icon doesn't show up). If I set the Reminder to any other value, the Reminder is set (the Bell icon appears).

I'm used to using "0 Minutes" and I suppose I could set it to "1 Minute" by manually typing a 1 in the pull-down in Outlook, but I wonder why my EVO won't trigger the Reminder when it's set to zero?

I realize this is an old post, but I swear my Evo used to notify me with 0 minute reminders set from Outlook. I have several events that worked even back in my Windows Mobile days.

Recently, I've noticed the same behavior as the OP - no reminder at all! Is this working for anyone else, or has anyone come up with a way to make it work, other than settling for 5 minute reminders? I am synching with the newest HTC Sync 3.0.5551 from here: Download HTC Sync 3.0.5551 Free - Easily synchronize your HTC device with your Outlook contacts - Softpedia

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones