• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange Services Using a TON of Data???

ckeegan

Android Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2010
I got my XOOM back from the 4G upgrade a few days ago, and everything is setup the same as before it went. I started to notice that something on the XOOM is using a crazy amount of data.

About 15 minutes ago, I installed My Data Manager Free on my XOOM and Droid2. Both devices are checking the same three e-mail accounts, and all are set to push on both devices. My Data Manager Free is reporting the following data usage for Exchange Services for each device:

Droid2 - <.01MB
XOOM - 96.4MB

Again, same e-mail accounts on both devices, both set to push. This makes no sense to me. Ideas?

Update: Just to give you an idea of how crazy this is. I am up to 137.6MB since posting my first post.

Update: 653MB in less than 2 hours! I REALLY need to figure out what is going on.

I have turned off syncing on all 3 of my accounts (exchange, yahoo, and hotmail) and it's still burning through data like crazy.

Update: Exchange Services went through 6GB of data over 12 hours. This is nuts, but I have no idea what's actually using it.

Two processes are running within Exchange Services: Exchange Services and Android Core Apps.

I tried to Force Stop, and I've tried to shutdown sync on all of my e-mail accounts. It still burned through data regardless.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones