• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Explanation of deleted posts.

Markg

Android Enthusiast
Apr 23, 2010
I wonder if a short explanation of deleted/moved posts to the inbox of all users affected might clear up any confusion. I recently had a post moved for what turned out to be a totally legitimate reason once it was explained to me, and a short exchange with another user totally deleted. I felt that the explanation was very useful in understanding the reasons and would serve as a reminder of the rules.

Oh, and also, while I've opened a dialogue, how do I get a mobile view of the forum? I can't find the box marked 'Quick Style Chooser' and the forum doesn't show up on Tapatalk.

Mark, you should be able to find us in tapatalk. I am replying from that now. I think we are limited under computers, then Mobil devices. Also, there is a phandroid app(well on its wry to being replaced) that supports the forum side reasonably well.

Let me know if you can't find AF in tt and I'll get specific location for you.

Upvote 0
It's our policy to inform members when posts are moved or deleted via the forum's private message system - your inbox.

We strive for a zero defect rate on that, but we sometimes fail.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the confusion and inconvenience.

If we goof up with you or anyone else, please drop a line to anyone on mod or guide staff via private message, we're listed in Introductions, - or, make a post under the Private Chats with Staff subforum here - our doors are always open, and we'll be happy to clear things up.

Many thanks for working with us on this and again, apologies for the inconvenience. :)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. Unforgiven, I'm using a Tapatalk 2.0 beta and looking in Gadgets>Android. I've tried using the URL to search and tried just searching for Android Forums, URL returns no results and any other search Gives a popup saying 'Directory is currently unavailable, please try later' and hangs on 'Connecting to Server'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones