• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Explicit Intent Problem

SMR77

Lurker
Jun 4, 2014
As I am new to Android,and I am still working on Lynda Tutorials,I've been stuck on Explicit Intent tutorial.

The tutorial purpose is to create an edit text with a button next to it,then you enter some text in the EditText and click the button,so you go to another activity showing you the text that you have entered.

I've followed the tutorial step by step,and as a final result,I got the first screen working perfect in the emulator (I can see the EditText and the Button) ,so I enter some text and then click the button.What happens is that I am transferred to the next activity but without the TEXT appearing on the screen!!

You can take a look at the codes:

1) MainActivity Java Code:

As a new user you cannot yet post links or images. This is an anti-spam measure, we apologize for any inconvenience.(Kindly check attachments)

2) Second Activity Java Code:

As a new user you cannot yet post links or images. This is an anti-spam measure, we apologize for any inconvenience.(Kindly check attachments)

3) Main XML :
As a new user you cannot yet post links or images. This is an anti-spam measure, we apologize for any inconvenience. (Kindly check attachments)

4) Second Activity XML:

5) Android Mainfest File:

End of Codes

This is my first contribution here and I hope that I can find some help from you guys :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• MainActivity Java.jpg
    MainActivity Java.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 55
  • SecondActivity Java.jpg
    SecondActivity Java.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 48
  • MainXML.jpg
    MainXML.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 25
  • SecondXML.jpg
    SecondXML.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Manifest.jpg
    Manifest.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 37

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones