• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended life batteries

The 3500 battery has many bad reviews. I ordered and received the 2700 but have returned my phone to await the Gingerbread update, better price and maybe a newer version of the Thrill. The Galaxy Note sure deserves a hard look too, but I need AT&T. Amazon has the Thrill for $19.95. It doesn't get much better than that. I am busy playing with my Galaxy 10.1 Pad ... Cheers

OK , I'm baaaacck. I waited out the update to Gingerbread and saved the 2700 battery, then got a new phone from AT&T. I am very glad I did. The phone is great and the battery lasts all day and still shows 50%. I get 1 day heavy, 2 days normal usage and 3 days light usage. I have never run it down.

Reactions: knam25
Upvote 0
Hello, I'm new to Android and the Thrill 4g - I really like the phone, but like most, you really have to manage the phone to squeeze out decent battery life. That said, I will probably be purchasing one of the larger batteries soon, but wondered if anyone knows - is there a case for the Thrill that will fit when the larger battery and backplate are installed? I can't find one, in spite of my best search efforts.

thanks!

Upvote 0
The 3500 battery has many bad reviews. I ordered and received the 2700 but have returned my phone to await the Gingerbread update, better price and maybe a newer version of the Thrill. The Galaxy Note sure deserves a hard look too, but I need AT&T. Amazon has the Thrill for $19.95. It doesn't get much better than that. I am busy playing with my Galaxy 10.1 Pad ... Cheers
I got mine at Costco for free. Best Buy has the same deal right now on the Thrill. Both are with an upgrade or a new contract.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to share this link:
Amazon.com: GTMax Extended Battery with Door 3500mAh + Battery Charger + Neck Strap Lanyard for AT&T LG Thrill 4G (Optimus 3D): Cell Phones & Accessories

I got this extended battery a little less than a month ago, now. It bulks up the phone, for sure.. But WOW does it last longer. I'd have to charge my phone a few times a day with usage such as texting.. facebook checks here and there.. a little fantasy football.. and it'd be toast.. especially standby during my work shift would snack on the battery like popcorn. With this battery, I don't have to pick and choose what to use during the day in order to preserve battery.. at the end of the day.. I'm sitting on probably 20% or so in time to charge for the next day. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Hello, I'm new to Android and the Thrill 4g - I really like the phone, but like most, you really have to manage the phone to squeeze out decent battery life. That said, I will probably be purchasing one of the larger batteries soon, but wondered if anyone knows - is there a case for the Thrill that will fit when the larger battery and backplate are installed? I can't find one, in spite of my best search efforts.

thanks!

I'd like to know if there's one as well.

Upvote 0
I got mine at Costco for free. Best Buy has the same deal right now on the Thrill. Both are with an upgrade or a new contract.

I am still waiting on the GB or ICS upgrade and although Amazon and Costco have the 1 cent deal ATT will not allow you to keep your grandfathered unlimited data rights unless you buy the $100 phone from them. Patience

Upvote 0
i got the canadain version of this phone p925g with version 2.2.2 i put juice defender ultimate on it and set it to agressive and it seems to have lasted all day to day and when the bat gets low seems like it last even longer might get one of those bigger bats
only thing i want is better software like gingerbread or ics

Upvote 0

I have the 2700 battery for the Thrill and have decided to wait even longer for a Note w/ICS or the rumored Note II with quad core.
So ....... you can have the battery for $20 ... never used. PM me if interested.

No takers .... too bad. I bought a new Thrill, added 32GB, updated to GB and the 2700 battery is great. I hear the Note is great stuff too but I like 3D.
A wonderful 3D Phone and a computer in my pocket.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones