General Extended vs Standard Battery with 902?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by -=Jeff=-, Mar 9, 2012.

1. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Male
    Test engineer
    Bartlett, IL
    I have extended Battery I got when I bought my Bionic in Sept.. I have the Standard battery I have not used.. I have noticed since the .902 install my battery is at 60% at the end of the day ( some days 70%)

that day being off charger at 6:30am and back on the charger around 10:30pm

How well would I fair with the standard battery? I know it is 1735mAh vs the extended 2760mAh so would I be at about 30% on days my phone gets to 60 with the extended battery?

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom Well-Known Member
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Everyone's usage is different. I suggest you try it and see how it works for you.

(I have always used the standard battery.)

... Thom

3. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Chicago
    If you are only getting down to 60% on the extended battery, you could probably make it through one of your usual days using just the standard one.

4. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Retired Lineman
    Tampa, FL
    I was using an extended battery until .902, I then switched to the standard battery and usually have about 40% left at night(about 16hrs)

5. New Rising

New Rising Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011

Yeah you'll probably be around 30 or 40 percent at the end of the day with the standard battery. I always use my standard battery on the weekends and i usually have like 40% left.

6. lykofos

lykofos Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I usually get about 7-10 hrs on my standard battery with what I would consider moderate usage (a lot of texting, few phone calls, photos / facebook uploads, internet browsing, some music & games apps, GPS always enabled, weatherbug widget on homescreen set to update every 15min). I also have pretty much constant 4G now, which drains the battery a lot faster than being in a 3G only area.

I have the extended battery too but don't usually use it unless I'm on a long flight. Don't really care for the extra bulk / weight on a daily basis.

7. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Male
    Test engineer
    Bartlett, IL
    Used the Standard battery this weekend.. was not less then 50% last night after 15 hours off charger.

I will be trying it this week to see how it goes.. although when I listen to Pandora t work I have it on the charger anyway

I do notice it seems like a different phone with the standard battery.. (weight wise)