Extended vs Standard Battery with 902?General

Last Updated:

1. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

I have extended Battery I got when I bought my Bionic in Sept.. I have the Standard battery I have not used.. I have noticed since the .902 install my battery is at 60% at the end of the day ( some days 70%)

that day being off charger at 6:30am and back on the charger around 10:30pm

How well would I fair with the standard battery? I know it is 1735mAh vs the extended 2760mAh so would I be at about 30% on days my phone gets to 60 with the extended battery?

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

Everyone's usage is different. I suggest you try it and see how it works for you.

(I have always used the standard battery.)

... Thom
  3. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

If you are only getting down to 60% on the extended battery, you could probably make it through one of your usual days using just the standard one.
  4. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

I was using an extended battery until .902, I then switched to the standard battery and usually have about 40% left at night(about 16hrs)
  5. New Rising

New Rising Well-Known Member

Yeah you'll probably be around 30 or 40 percent at the end of the day with the standard battery. I always use my standard battery on the weekends and i usually have like 40% left.
  6. lykofos

lykofos Well-Known Member

I usually get about 7-10 hrs on my standard battery with what I would consider moderate usage (a lot of texting, few phone calls, photos / facebook uploads, internet browsing, some music & games apps, GPS always enabled, weatherbug widget on homescreen set to update every 15min). I also have pretty much constant 4G now, which drains the battery a lot faster than being in a 3G only area.

I have the extended battery too but don't usually use it unless I'm on a long flight. Don't really care for the extra bulk / weight on a daily basis.
  7. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

Used the Standard battery this weekend.. was not less then 50% last night after 15 hours off charger.

I will be trying it this week to see how it goes.. although when I listen to Pandora t work I have it on the charger anyway

I do notice it seems like a different phone with the standard battery.. (weight wise)