• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended vs Standard Battery with 902?

-=Jeff=-

Android Expert
Jan 2, 2010
Bartlett, IL
I have extended Battery I got when I bought my Bionic in Sept.. I have the Standard battery I have not used.. I have noticed since the .902 install my battery is at 60% at the end of the day ( some days 70%)

that day being off charger at 6:30am and back on the charger around 10:30pm

How well would I fair with the standard battery? I know it is 1735mAh vs the extended 2760mAh so would I be at about 30% on days my phone gets to 60 with the extended battery?

I have extended Battery I got when I bought my Bionic in Sept.. I have the Standard battery I have not used.. I have noticed since the .902 install my battery is at 60% at the end of the day ( some days 70%)

that day being off charger at 6:30am and back on the charger around 10:30pm

How well would I fair with the standard battery? I know it is 1735mAh vs the extended 2760mAh so would I be at about 30% on days my phone gets to 60 with the extended battery?

Yeah you'll probably be around 30 or 40 percent at the end of the day with the standard battery. I always use my standard battery on the weekends and i usually have like 40% left.

Upvote 0
I usually get about 7-10 hrs on my standard battery with what I would consider moderate usage (a lot of texting, few phone calls, photos / facebook uploads, internet browsing, some music & games apps, GPS always enabled, weatherbug widget on homescreen set to update every 15min). I also have pretty much constant 4G now, which drains the battery a lot faster than being in a 3G only area.

I have the extended battery too but don't usually use it unless I'm on a long flight. Don't really care for the extra bulk / weight on a daily basis.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones