• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
For anyone who finished it, I thought the ending scenes were lame. I'm curious to hear your opinion (without giving anything away to the other members :))

I heard that instead of gargoyles theres gnomes now? I really hope this isnt true I cant stand gnomes!

OT: WOOHOO senior member!
yes, gnomes are what you need to find throughout the world, in this one

Upvote 0
garden-gnomes.jpg

Upvote 0
I liked the storyline very much although it was rather short (maybe 13-15 hours). Luckily, the game has some decent replay value with all the side quests, hunting for collectibles, and co-op. If you loved the previous Fable games then I'm sure you'll love this one just a wee bit more.

The combat was changed slightly but overall remained relatively the same. We did get some cool battle animations from your character (ie: parry + counter on a balverine would make the balverine jump in the air and you pierce the heart w/ your sword or you would perform a vertical scissor kick in mid-air.)

Magic abilities were changed as well. We can dual cast spells now if you weren't already aware of that (although it has to be unlocked). They removed Raise Dead and Time Slow and changed them into potions.

There is no level up system (which I thought was odd but this new system works just as well). You acquire guild seals which will get you all the traits/skills/powers you desire to use.

PS:
I love the gnomes. They are hilarious.

Upvote 0
Okay so the million dollar question, is this game worth buying? or rental? is it overhyped as bad as fable2?

For me, it was worth the $35 I paid for it. I liked it a bit more than the first two Fable games. I had side quests that had me laughing my ass off while doing them b/c the commentary is just that hilarious sometimes. I enjoyed the game very much although I'm not quite done with it yet. Once I find all the keys, gnomes and flowers - I'll be done with it until some DLC is released.

Upvote 0
lol. Honestly I would never have looked at this game if it was not free for me... But I am enjoying my time playing it the last week. I am pretty much done with it now tho so that is why i wont be buying it. =X

How'd you snag it for free? I got lucky b/c I had some old Best Buy gift cards that I didn't use so I used them and picked it up for $35

Upvote 0
ahhhhhhhhhhh thats how u played Duty early! i'm onto ya. i have a special xbox too that was part of the great ban of 2009.

never play special backups though. should sell it actually................
:p;) There was some kinda dashboard update today that also added new security and broke some of the newer "backups," and the COD leak was released kinda poorly so if you did not know what was up, you probably got flagged. So there may be soon be a "Great Ban of 2010" lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones