• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook and CPU issues

First time post here. I have a problem I can't seem to find through google. First, I am in Europe and have an HTC Incredible S. Been a fantastic phone....until a week ago.

Suddenly, Facebook is killing my CPU, running at 90% or more constantly and eating up my battery in a couple hours if I don't manually kill it. The strange things here are that it just started doing this a week ago and that it doesn't matter if I am using the Facebook app or Facebook through a browser (either Dolphin HD or Firefox mobile 9). Either one, if I open and read the news feed, it will stay active and run the CPU at 90% or more constantly until killed.

This means I must kill Facebook every time I use it and if I forget my battery is gone by lunch. I find this ridiculous, but cannot figure out what is causing it. I have sync for Facebook accounts off, I have the refresh rate in the Facebook app set to Never and I have Notifications off.

I've tried reinstalling the Facebook app, clearing the cache, deleting the data, removing the Facebook for HTC Sense account, deleting the Facebook account and starting over, all with no result.

Anybody got a suggestion?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones