• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook App

vinbeaver

Jul 26, 2009
I'm having a serious issue with the official Facebook App, Facebook Messenger and even other Facebook apps such as Friendcaster Pro. I'm constantly having issues loading my stream, opening notifications, opening chats, etc. The phone will sit there spinning the loading circle for minutes and the only way to get the apps to function is by killing them abs then reopen them. I had this issue before and after I was rooted. The issue isn't my network because it happens when I'm on Wi-Fi and my fiance right next to me using her Avid 4G isn't having any issues. I seriously think this phone isn't as great as its billed. It's really a shame that we have a locked bootloader, so we can't run custom roms as usual. I usually end up having to use a browser to view Facebook. Google+ doesn't have any issues. Lame.

Every time! uploadfromtaptalk1363110906820.jpg

Upvote 0
Hello vinbeaver.

Most slowdowns and hanging of functionality stem from resource drain; resource drain that is often happening at the very same time between two or more widgets/apps and their associated services.

Steps to take to remedy the issue are:

- go into the application manager and clear caches on all 3rd party (non-stock) apps.. also clear data on those that you don't mind reconfiguring.

- go into each app and widget that is active and set them for manual updating rather than some time-interval autosyncing. Pain in the neck, but allows for a more responsive device in the long run; Facebook, any social networking stuff, weather, news, Gmail and other email apps.

- do a cache wipe from the recovery area if you know the button combination to get to that menu.

- reboot the device after each change (another pain in the neck, and time consuming, but it will reward you with freed-up resources and even less battery drain over time. ;)

-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones