• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook battery killer

brettlewis

Android Expert
Nov 3, 2009
Arizona
By the end of the school day today, I noticed my battery was at 35%. It normally never goes that low while I am out, So i checked the "usage" menu and facebook was using like 65% of the battery!!!

and guess what, I though I took care of the problem my taskkilling it, but I just opened up my "usage" menu again, and this is what I have

2nrmpub.png

Are you using the FB widget? I did before and noticed it was killing my battery real fast. Even when options were changed to allow longer times between syncing...etc.

Nope, I logged in once to check a profile, then closed it. three hours later, my battery was at 35% from 100% without even using my phone for three hours

Upvote 0
FB APP--> Menu--> Settings--> Refresh interval
What is that set to?
The quicker the interval, the more battery usage.
That is of course, if you've made any adjustments to those settings.
If all else fails, unistall the FB updates, reboot (maybe battery pull too) then update FB from the market and see what happens tomorrow during school.

All is fine now, I had to reintall the stock software on my phone so I can bring it to VZW tomorrow for a replacment (broken headphone jack)

its not draining anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones