Facebook battery killer

Last Updated:

1. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

By the end of the school day today, I noticed my battery was at 35%. It normally never goes that low while I am out, So i checked the "usage" menu and facebook was using like 65% of the battery!!!

and guess what, I though I took care of the problem my taskkilling it, but I just opened up my "usage" menu again, and this is what I have

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. carlz28

carlz28 Well-Known Member

Are you using the FB widget? I did before and noticed it was killing my battery real fast. Even when options were changed to allow longer times between syncing...etc.

3. brettlewis

Nope, I logged in once to check a profile, then closed it. three hours later, my battery was at 35% from 100% without even using my phone for three hours

4. carlz28

carlz28 Well-Known Member

FB APP--> Menu--> Settings--> Refresh interval
    What is that set to?
    The quicker the interval, the more battery usage.
    That is of course, if you've made any adjustments to those settings.
    If all else fails, unistall the FB updates, reboot (maybe battery pull too) then update FB from the market and see what happens tomorrow during school.

5. brettlewis

All is fine now, I had to reintall the stock software on my phone so I can bring it to VZW tomorrow for a replacment (broken headphone jack)

its not draining anymore.

6. Grizzlybear

Grizzlybear Well-Known Member

this happened to me today, i got to work and noticed my battery was already low, and I had just charged it overnight, usually it will hit 70% at 11am, and today by 8am it was at 30%! I was very confused, I checked the battery usage and facebook was at 85% Task killed and all set now, good thing i have my desktop charger here at work with me.