• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook contacts to google contacts?

shademar

Nov 17, 2009
Berkeley
Hey all,

I was just wondering whether there was a simple way to transfer single contacts between facebook and google? I don't want to add everyone on facebook to my phone contacts list, but I'd like to be able to put some friends I have as facebook contacts into my main list and the 'add to contacts' option in the call log doesn't work the way it does for unknown numbers. The only workaround I've found is to add to favorites, but they still won't show in the main list.

thanks!

In gmail, you can create a seperate contacts group and add the contacts you want to be synced to your phone into it. Then on your phone, under accounts & sync you can pick which group from your contacts you'd like to be synced to your phone. I'm not as familiar with Facebook's sync...

One tip I can give you with the sync process: If you have a contact in your gmail account that you also have as a friend on facebook, copy and paste their name exactly how it reads on facebook for their name in gmail and it will combine the gmail/facebook contact into 1, this way you don't have duplicate contacts(1 from gmail/1 from facebook).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones