Support Facebook keeps unsyncing/de-linking from contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sjsharp, Jul 23, 2012.

1. sjsharp

sjsharp New Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Hi.

Being a latecomer to the smartphone party apologies if this topic has been answered before.

I have an HTC Sensation but I am having problems with Facebook automatically unsyncing itself from my contacts, sometimes a few times in the same day.
    If I go into Settings>Account & Sync then Facebook has disappeared from the list so I have to open the app, go into Facebook settings and it will have set itself to "Do not sync contacts".
    Every time I rest the setting to sync with contacts it will eventually unsync them.
    Whilst this isn't a major problem it is REALLY annoying as I like having my contacts linked to Facebook.

Also, sometimes it gives an error message along the lines of "HTC Sense Facebook authentication failed".

Additional info:
    Using Facebook app not Facebook for HTC Sense.
    Android version 4.0.3
    HTC Sense version 3.6

Any advice on a possible fix for this would be appreciated greatly.

Advertisement

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    VIP Member

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
  3. sjsharp

sjsharp New Member

Jul 23, 2012
    @Dreadnatty - Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Phone's been running ICS since I bought it about a month ago but the problem seems to have developed/got much worse in the last week or so.
    From my admittedly limited knowledge it seems to be a conflict between the FB app and FB for HTC Sense. I've been playing around with settings today and in my account sync settings for the FB app I have disabled auto-syncing of FB contacts. Since I did that it hasn't de-linked contacts so fingers crossed...

4. The informant

The informant Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I'm having the EXACT same problem but on my Evo Design. It has happened as of lately, but it was fine before.

5. dudemyster

dudemyster Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    UK
    keeps happening to me daily i have to go into settings>apps>facebook and clear cache and data then re add facebook in settings>sync and enter login details if not it hangs on facebook screen then it syncs and later in day its all s syncd again Grrrr

6. JohnFISHCurtis

Oct 25, 2011
    I get it nearly every day, sometimes several times a day.:mad:

7. 956400

956400 New Member

Feb 25, 2014
    having a similar problem; not sure if this is directly connected to facebook or not... i own an HTC DESIRE 500 with JELLY BEAN 4.1.2 version OS. i have my phonebook based in google contacts, linked with skype, twitter, facebook, linkedin etc...
    every few days, when i open my contacts list, there is a notification at the top that there are CONTACT LINK SUGGESTIONS for people whose accounts have automatically been found to be related. which would be fine, except that i know for a fact that most or all of those, i have already linked in a previous session. which must mean that they keep being unlinked. twitter and linkedin seem to be the most serious offenders.
    does anybody know of a possible reason for this or how to get around it?

sorry if this is in the wrong thread; feel free to move to an appropriate one :)