• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook keeps unsyncing/de-linking from contacts

sjsharp

Lurker
Jul 23, 2012
Hi.

Being a latecomer to the smartphone party apologies if this topic has been answered before.

I have an HTC Sensation but I am having problems with Facebook automatically unsyncing itself from my contacts, sometimes a few times in the same day.
If I go into Settings>Account & Sync then Facebook has disappeared from the list so I have to open the app, go into Facebook settings and it will have set itself to "Do not sync contacts".
Every time I rest the setting to sync with contacts it will eventually unsync them.
Whilst this isn't a major problem it is REALLY annoying as I like having my contacts linked to Facebook.

Also, sometimes it gives an error message along the lines of "HTC Sense Facebook authentication failed".

Additional info:
Using Facebook app not Facebook for HTC Sense.
Android version 4.0.3
HTC Sense version 3.6

Any advice on a possible fix for this would be appreciated greatly.

@Dreadnatty - Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Phone's been running ICS since I bought it about a month ago but the problem seems to have developed/got much worse in the last week or so.
From my admittedly limited knowledge it seems to be a conflict between the FB app and FB for HTC Sense. I've been playing around with settings today and in my account sync settings for the FB app I have disabled auto-syncing of FB contacts. Since I did that it hasn't de-linked contacts so fingers crossed...

Upvote 0
having a similar problem; not sure if this is directly connected to facebook or not... i own an HTC DESIRE 500 with JELLY BEAN 4.1.2 version OS. i have my phonebook based in google contacts, linked with skype, twitter, facebook, linkedin etc...
every few days, when i open my contacts list, there is a notification at the top that there are CONTACT LINK SUGGESTIONS for people whose accounts have automatically been found to be related. which would be fine, except that i know for a fact that most or all of those, i have already linked in a previous session. which must mean that they keep being unlinked. twitter and linkedin seem to be the most serious offenders.
does anybody know of a possible reason for this or how to get around it?

sorry if this is in the wrong thread; feel free to move to an appropriate one :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones