• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Messenger app number confirmation issue

I'm on a Verizon Ellipsis 7

I tap the 'Confirm Number' button under my picture & name and to the right of my tablet's phone number, it takes me to a screen asking what number people can use to reach me and shows the tablet's number already filled in, I hit OK, it briefly shows a box that reads "Saving phone number..." and then takes me to a screen that says 'Confirming Your Phone Number...' and below it in smaller, faint print "You can also enter the code that was sent to [the phone #]" followed by a blue 'Send Again' button. Below that line is a field in which to enter the confirmation code, but I've received nothing after multiple tries. Am I doing something wrong? I would think that if it sent it anywhere it would be my email, but it's nowhere to be found.

Any suggestions?

It sends you a text. When I set mine up it had the number in the wrong format automatically in there. it had "0077..." but it also had the UK dialling code I think "+44" so all I needed in the box was "77..." for it to work. Have you tried editing the number and taking off the digits you don't need if getting called internationally?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones