Facebook not updatingSupport

Last Updated:

1. th3dude19

th3dude19 Member This Topic's Starter

I have facebook set to update every hour, but it has not updated a single time since I purchased the droid (day 1).

The only thing that works is logging out and logging back in. Even turning the droid off doesn't work.

I know there are refresh buttons for most of the sections, but what I wanted most was the friends/contact syncs to update.

Does this work for anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

It works at random times for me, like, once every day or so. heh. I figure it's just the App that sucks and hopefully bug fixes and updates will come along someday.

3. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

Yeah I am not sure when it refreshes. I did find that if you press the menu button though you can very easily press refresh yourself. Hey I look at it as saving battery lol.

4. th3dude19

th3dude19 Member This Topic's Starter

No, see, you can't. Go to 'Friends' then hit menu. Nothing there. Also, no 'refresh' from the main menu. So in other words, no way to update friends/resync contacts, which is my original question.

5. jlittlec5

jlittlec5 Member

I did just figure out a way to refresh my friends list.

Under Contact, menu, then accounts, there is one account for my gmail and one for my facebook. Selected the facebook and on the next screen where it says to sync the contacts, I turned it off, then back on and it re-synced (pulling in the ones I was missing).

Not a very good solution, but worked for me.

6. boycan

boycan Well-Known Member

there is a free facebook app called BLOO in the app store that works better than the one on the phone, there are several but bloo is he only one I have tried.

7. Sheilaaa

Sheilaaa New Member

I have the same phone and the same problem. Today I unisntalled the updates for facebook, cause i couldn't post my photos. But when I tried to download the updates again i got an Error message, saying that the "asking" is being processed and it's going to be avaliable in a few minutes. But nothing happens after that, i have to press update button all over again, accept the terms and then i get this error message again! Please help. I dont understand nothing about technology, and also, i have a terrible english. help please. thanx