• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notifications stop on wifi then come all at once when going back to mobile

elflamablanca

Feb 8, 2023
This happens a few times a day. I'll be on wifi and i wont get any notifcations for like a couple hours. Then I will turn off wifi and a bunch of notifications will come in all at the same time. Gmail, facebook, my nest camera, everything. This happens on my home wifi as well as work wifi and pretty much every wifi connection.

I also have an issue where I won't get notifications and then when I unlock my phone i will get a notifcation late. This happens mostly with gmail.

Don't fiddle with your phone's current APN settings!!!!
That could mess up your cellular connectivity, cutting your phone off from any online access. APN is a cellular only matter, it has no effect at all with WiFi, nor on how your phone automatically switches between WiFi or mobile data connectivity (or at least how your phone 'should' automatically switch).

Have you tried just restarting your Z since this problem started occurring?

Upvote 0
I dont even know what or where APN settings are lol? I have restarted my phone numerous times.

That could mess up your cellular connectivity, cutting your phone off from any online access. APN is a cellular only matter, it has no effect at all with WiFi, nor on how your phone automatically switches between WiFi or mobile data connectivity (or at least how your phone 'should' automatically switch).

Upvote 0

hmmmm did you mess with your apn settings?

I dont know what or where apn settings are.

Upvote 0
Just for future needs, when you do need to find some obscure option when you open up the Settings menu at the top there's a search bar that should help you find what you need.
But getting back to your initial query, it's an odd issue that apparently affects all WiFi connectivity. Try digging through the Notifications menu to see if there's some setting that was inadvertently enabled -- see pg. 142 in your model's User Manual PDF link below:
https://www.sammobile.com/wp-conten...sung-Galaxy-Z-Flip-4-Z-Fold-4-User-Manual.pdf

Upvote 0
Just for future needs, when you do need to find some obscure option when you open up the Settings menu at the top there's a search bar that should help you find what you need.
But getting back to your initial query, it's an odd issue that apparently affects all WiFi connectivity. Try digging through the Notifications menu to see if there's some setting that was inadvertently enabled -- see pg. 142 in your model's User Manual PDF link below:
https://www.sammobile.com/wp-conten...sung-Galaxy-Z-Flip-4-Z-Fold-4-User-Manual.pdf
Yeah I know lol... But I type APN in that search bar and nothing appears

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones