• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook problems

Legacy Fan

Nov 12, 2010
Hey everyone. Droid newbie here.

How do I get my facebook notifications go through the app rather than emailing me? On my BB, the notifications would go through the app and not email messages. Is this a possible fix?

I switched over from a Blackberry Tour (speaking of FAIL) to an old used OG Droid. Had it 1 day and already really loving it. Running Android 2.2 (Froyo? - I'm better with #s than names)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Yeah I too made the switch from BB curve to Droid, I am glad I did don't get me wrong. But sadly the devs for the Facebook app for android, are either idiots or just don't know how to listen to the thousands of people who have actually downloaded the app and asked for push notifications.

We are still waiting for push notifications. The only thing to do is get your notifications through email. The thing that pisses most people off is that they have done at least 4 updates (since I have had it on my phone since June) and they still haven't done push notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones