1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook problems

Last Updated:

1. Legacy Fan

Legacy Fan Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone. Droid newbie here.

How do I get my facebook notifications go through the app rather than emailing me? On my BB, the notifications would go through the app and not email messages. Is this a possible fix?

I switched over from a Blackberry Tour (speaking of FAIL) to an old used OG Droid. Had it 1 day and already really loving it. Running Android 2.2 (Froyo? - I'm better with #s than names)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. SmallDL

SmallDL Active Member

Yeah I too made the switch from BB curve to Droid, I am glad I did don't get me wrong. But sadly the devs for the Facebook app for android, are either idiots or just don't know how to listen to the thousands of people who have actually downloaded the app and asked for push notifications.

We are still waiting for push notifications. The only thing to do is get your notifications through email. The thing that pisses most people off is that they have done at least 4 updates (since I have had it on my phone since June) and they still haven't done push notifications.

3. hilman

hilman Active Member

The only notifications that the Facebook app will notify you in the task bar is for messages, friend requests and event invites. These can be changed in the settings section of the Facebook app.

4. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Facebook for Android is pretty horrible. I use the touch.facebook.com site for notifications and still check the app too because they both miss them sometimes. It's whack.

5. Legacy Fan

Legacy Fan Member This Topic's Starter

Oh. Bummer. Thanks for the responses everyone.

Looks like BB did get something right (Doesn't iphone push fb notifications also). Still glad I made the switch to Android. FB is only slightly important for me. Maybe they'll get it figured out soon.

Great forum!