• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Sync Solution

I must begin by telling you that I have searched for an answer to this since I updated to 2.1 and have tried all kinds of posted "solutions". After going to sprint's 2.1, I was unable to get any facebook contact photos in my "people" app. I also experienced same problem with many diff rooted 2.1 roms.

NOW, this may sound strange but the only thing that FIXED this is I got rid of my high-school and college details in facebook profile while on my home computer. All of a sudden, everything works using "facebook for htc sense" on the phone!

Give it a try if nothing has worked & pass info along if you get results.

I have not tried adding back the school info in profile, kind of afraid.

Upvote 0
I must begin by telling you that I have searched for an answer to this since I updated to 2.1 and have tried all kinds of posted "solutions". After going to sprint's 2.1, I was unable to get any facebook contact photos in my "people" app. I also experienced same problem with many diff rooted 2.1 roms.

NOW, this may sound strange but the only thing that FIXED this is I got rid of my high-school and college details in facebook profile while on my home computer. All of a sudden, everything works using "facebook for htc sense" on the phone!

Give it a try if nothing has worked & pass info along if you get results.

I have not tried adding back the school info in profile, kind of afraid.

that is strange lol..how did you confirm that removing those details fixed this and not just some random thing?

Upvote 0
that is strange lol..how did you confirm that removing those details fixed this and not just some random thing?

It would obviously be very difficult to totally confirm. Random things are hard to argue against.

I can say that I have read many posts over the last 3 months and tried most suggestions. I read about THIS the other day on XDA and gave it a try. After I deleted the school info, the sync started right away.

If you have experienced this problem, hopefully it works for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones