Facebook SyncSupport

Last Updated:

1. sims0018

sims0018 Member This Topic's Starter

So is there a solid fix for syncing facebook with contacts yet? I try to manually sync and get a no results for everything. I've tried all the suggestions I've seen in the forum so far and I've also tried googling for the answer. I'm running evil eris 3.0

Advertisement
  2. BH3

BH3 Active Member

same issue here...everything else works great but lack of fb sync is much like an air conditioner....it blows.

3. snorander

snorander Well-Known Member

Yup just upgraded from 1.5 to 2.1 and can't sync facebook contacts. I try to manually sync and get a no results for everything.

4. Denny4530

Denny4530 Member

I had trouble with it as well until I uninstalled facebook for HTC Sense and re-installed it. Turns out I had changed my facebook password and didn't change it on my phone.

The problem I have now is when I try to look at a contact that is linked to facebook I get a force close. It is only with most facebook contacts and none non-facebook. Any ideas?

5. snorander

I tried the uninstall & re-install & it didn't work for me....

6. jrfoster23

jrfoster23 New Member

I have spent about two hours reading every post I can find about this and nothing has worked so far. I uninstalled facebook and then reinstalled it but now it's telling me "this service is currently unavailable, do you want to try again?" when I try to sync it. I've tried several times now and just keep getting the same message. It wouldn't bother me that much but when I'm texting I hate seeing those gray face shadow thingies UGH!!!

7. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

If all you want is the facebook pics you can get syncmypix from the market. It works great! And if it doesn't sync automatically because the names don't match you can long press your facebook contact from the syncmypix app and then you can match it with your contact.

8. jrfoster23

jrfoster23 New Member

Thank you! I downloaded the syncmypix but it only gave me pics for 45 of my 266 facebooks folks. I think I have about 150 people in my phone's contacts, so now I have pics for about a 1/3 of them. Better than nothing, I guess! It's just so frustrating when I used to have pics for everyone! Don't know why this suddenly isn't working...

9. Papadroid

Did you see my tip on how to sync the rest? It should automatically sync if the names match, if not you have to do it manually.

jrfoster23 likes this.
  10. dawnstacie

dawnstacie Well-Known Member

I used syncmypics and it helps, but the pics are still blurry! Anyone else?

11. Papadroid

Unfortunately that is an issue ever since 2.1, at least for me with the eris. And the weird thing is, most of the times it's blurry but then there are other times when it's not.

Hypo Luxa likes this.
  12. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

I just used syncmypix and it works pretty good. my pix aren't blurry at all actually

Thanx Papadroid!

13. snorander

Works ok for me, pictures are fine, this is a good work around, but I still would like it to work the way it is supposed to LOL! But so far this ismy only problem since I have upgraded to 2.1, so I guess I'm lucky!

14. sims0018

sims0018 Member This Topic's Starter

I had previously tried to use syncmypix a couple months ago, but the pictures turned out to have bad quality. I was hoping there would be a fix by now. Guess I'll give syncmypix another go haha

15. LasVegas11

LasVegas11 New Member

I am having the same problem...I tried to use syncmypix but it won't work. When I long press to match my facebook picture with my contact it just tells me it's unable to manually link.