• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook upload

Yes, it's very easy.

If not you've not already set up your Facebook account on your Hero go first to the Home screen then Menu->Settings->Social networks to enter your Facebook details.

To upload a photo: go to Albums, find the photo you want to upload, tap on the photo to select it, tap on the "Share" menu button* (looks like a dot with two arrows pointing NW and NE) then choose Facebook from the list of sharing options.

The photo file gets reduced in size and is then uploaded to a 'Mobile Uploads' album in Facebook.

*If you're looking at the thumbnails for an album (either in Filmstrip view or in Grid view) the Share icon should be visible at the bottom of the screen. If you're looking at an individual photo, press the Menu button to see the menu options, including Share.

In my experience the Upload doesn't always work first time, especially when I have no WiFi connection. I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the Hero or the Facebook website. In this case you get a "failed upload" notification which leads you to a screen where you can try again. It's always worked for me after 2 or 3 attempts.

Upvote 0
Yes, it's very easy.

If not you've not already set up your Facebook account on your Hero go first to the Home screen then Menu->Settings->Social networks to enter your Facebook details.

To upload a photo: go to Albums, find the photo you want to upload, tap on the photo to select it, tap on the "Share" menu button* (looks like a dot with two arrows pointing NW and NE) then choose Facebook from the list of sharing options.

The photo file gets reduced in size and is then uploaded to a 'Mobile Uploads' album in Facebook.

*If you're looking at the thumbnails for an album (either in Filmstrip view or in Grid view) the Share icon should be visible at the bottom of the screen. If you're looking at an individual photo, press the Menu button to see the menu options, including Share.

In my experience the Upload doesn't always work first time, especially when I have no WiFi connection. I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the Hero or the Facebook website. In this case you get a "failed upload" notification which leads you to a screen where you can try again. It's always worked for me after 2 or 3 attempts.

Yeah, I have an error on occassion. I've used mine a lot, as I upload pictures pretty randomly and frequently and I have a pretty good success rate. It's pretty simple and quick.

Upvote 0
question:

is there a way to upload it to a different folder....different from the 'mobile uploads' folder?

i miss that feature on the blackberry.

The official Facebook app and Bloo both give you the option to specify which album to upload to but only the HTC Facebook uploader allows you to upload several images at once (to the mobile uploads album).

Upvote 0
if a facebook upload fails, does that get stored somewhere on the phone? like a 'draft' of a failed text message....? i just want to make sure in case a 'upload failure' occurs, and i want to delete the failed attempt.

thanks for anyone's help in advance! please, any info is much appreciated.

As far as I know, if the upload fails for whatever reason, there isn't an outgoing or draft copy you'll need to worry about - just the original picture file will remain on your device, ready to try again should you choose.

Reactions: jeffreynothing43
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones