Facebook upload

Last Updated:

1. mikebellamy2k

mikebellamy2k Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do I upload photos directly into my Facebook account? I hope there is an easy way of doing it as everything so far on the hero has been a struggle!

Advertisement
  2. prepbgg

prepbgg Well-Known Member

Yes, it's very easy.

If not you've not already set up your Facebook account on your Hero go first to the Home screen then Menu->Settings->Social networks to enter your Facebook details.

To upload a photo: go to Albums, find the photo you want to upload, tap on the photo to select it, tap on the "Share" menu button* (looks like a dot with two arrows pointing NW and NE) then choose Facebook from the list of sharing options.

The photo file gets reduced in size and is then uploaded to a 'Mobile Uploads' album in Facebook.

*If you're looking at the thumbnails for an album (either in Filmstrip view or in Grid view) the Share icon should be visible at the bottom of the screen. If you're looking at an individual photo, press the Menu button to see the menu options, including Share.

In my experience the Upload doesn't always work first time, especially when I have no WiFi connection. I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the Hero or the Facebook website. In this case you get a "failed upload" notification which leads you to a screen where you can try again. It's always worked for me after 2 or 3 attempts.

3. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have an error on occassion. I've used mine a lot, as I upload pictures pretty randomly and frequently and I have a pretty good success rate. It's pretty simple and quick.

4. mikebellamy2k

mikebellamy2k Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks all

5. mbk.2k3

mbk.2k3 Member

question:

is there a way to upload it to a different folder....different from the 'mobile uploads' folder?

i miss that feature on the blackberry.

6. jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43 Well-Known Member

if a facebook upload fails, does that get stored somewhere on the phone? like a 'draft' of a failed text message....? i just want to make sure in case a 'upload failure' occurs, and i want to delete the failed attempt.

thanks for anyone's help in advance! please, any info is much appreciated.

7. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

The official Facebook app and Bloo both give you the option to specify which album to upload to but only the HTC Facebook uploader allows you to upload several images at once (to the mobile uploads album).

8. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

As far as I know, if the upload fails for whatever reason, there isn't an outgoing or draft copy you'll need to worry about - just the original picture file will remain on your device, ready to try again should you choose.

jeffreynothing43 likes this.
  9. jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43 Well-Known Member

thanks so much! i will stop looking all over my phone now :)

10. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

No problem! Glad to help!