• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Factory Reset Question

I'm thinking about doing a factory reset because since the ICS update the phone is just not the same. The biggest problem is with the email not updating properly. Sometimes I will hit refresh over and over and the emails still won't go through. Also, I constantly get data connection errors, even when I'm close to a 4g antenna. I don't want to lose my apps so I transfered them to the sd card. The only concern I have is one of my apps is "pass safe" where I have about 50 passwords stored and I don't want to lose them in a factory reset. If I save this app to the sd card will all the passwords be there after the reset?

Without knowing about the app, it is possible your passwords would be deleted. It depends if the app stores them in on your SD card (or internal memory) or not. What is the exact name / developer of the app. I didn't find one called "pass safe".

Also, check to see if the app has an import / export feature. If so, you should export your passwords to your SD card and safe the file on your PC (and / or Dropbox, Google Drive, etc).

Upvote 0
Without knowing about the app, it is possible your passwords would be deleted. It depends if the app stores them in on your SD card (or internal memory) or not. What is the exact name / developer of the app. I didn't find one called "pass safe".

Also, check to see if the app has an import / export feature. If so, you should export your passwords to your SD card and safe the file on your PC (and / or Dropbox, Google Drive, etc).

The app name is Pass Safe 2 Password Manager and the developer is Dan Cadar. It does have the import/export feature and I exported the database to the SD card. Since the data is on the SD card, is it still necessary to save the file on a PC?

Upvote 0
The app name is Pass Safe 2 Password Manager and the developer is Dan Cadar. It does have the import/export feature and I exported the database to the SD card. Since the data is on the SD card, is it still necessary to save the file on a PC?

You SHOULD be OK if your passwords were exported to your SD card. When you do a factory reset it doesn't format your SD card. However, it is always better to be safe than sorry. If I were you, I would save a copy to your PC or email yourself the file or put it in Dropbox, etc.

Upvote 0
You SHOULD be OK if your passwords were exported to your SD card. When you do a factory reset it doesn't format your SD card. However, it is always better to be safe than sorry. If I were you, I would save a copy to your PC or email yourself the file or put it in Dropbox, etc.

I'll do the reset tonight after I copy to my PC. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones