• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Factory Reset to Regain Facebook Sync

clintster442

Jun 24, 2011
My Facebook will not sync with my contacts and from my research, the only way to fix this is a factory reset and I just wanted to get a quick procedure on how to do this without bricking my phone. I am on the .621 OTA rooted and want to retain root and my files and data of course.

Here's an explanation of my issue just for reference. In my contact list, none of my contacts show their Facebook pictures or statuses. They used to but I can't pinpoint exactly when it stopped so I'm not sure why it did it. I have deleted and reinstalled the Facebook for Android app and deleted and recreated botht he Facebook blur account and Facebook for Android account under the Accounts list. When I go into the blur account, the only option is to Remove the account. When I go into the Android account, it does have the option for Sync Contacts which is checked. I hit Sync Now and it shows the spinning arrows to signify that it is syncing but it doesn't sync. For example, if I go to my contacts list and select to display only my Facebook contacts, there is nothing in the list.

Am I missing something or is the factory reset indeed the only option? If so, what is the best way to backup my phone before doing a factory reset and then restore my data and contacts, pictures, videos, apps, etc after the reset?

Thanks,

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones