• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Factory Reset Vs. Pull Battery?

dmevis

Jul 16, 2010
I have set up the one-click root on my X, and have also licensed and installed Titanium Backup. I am now ready to remove some of the crapware on my phone.

I just have this last question...

After "freezing" and/or removing some of the crapware, do I need to do a Factory Reset, or, can I just do a Battery Pull?

I have set up the one-click root on my X, and have also licensed and installed Titanium Backup. I am now ready to remove some of the crapware on my phone.

I just have this last question...

After "freezing" and/or removing some of the crapware, do I need to do a Factory Reset, or, can I just do a Battery Pull?

If your planning on getting Froyo you may want to wait a bit on removing bloatware.

If you don't want to wait you can just power off the phone and back on.

Be careful what you remove and remember what you remove as you may need it reinstalled for the 2.2 update that's coming soon.

Upvote 0
Previous BB owner? LOL. Battery pulls are usually only a last resort on an Android device, and only when a screen is stuck on and unresponsive to the power button, and any touchscreen/soft key/hard key input.

A factory reset is to theoretically return your device to "factory settings", so why would you want to do that after removing a bunch of apps/files is beyond me. ;)

As mentioned, a simple power cycle (Off/On) is usually all that is required to reset an Android phone. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones