• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Faint screen on my screen please help!

You see a screen on your screen? Not sure I understand. Are you talking about burn in....where an image of your home screen has burned in so that no matter what is displayed, you still see a faint image of your home screen..... am I correct?
Yes exactlyor a home screen thats white faint where i can just make it out n see red icons at the bottom of the screen i cant press on them as theyre so faint yet its definatley thete i thought someone had modified my phpne or something n that was their screen i have apps im not sure of that say MDMApp circular cinammon google partner set up ims logger silent ligge4 key chain, sdms agentbor something im sorry to soumd stupid i really appreciate your help.

Upvote 0
Ive tried to screenshot a few to try n make it more visible hope you can see it. I need to find the culprit of it as i had an intruder incident a few years ago n woke up to my phone broken in cerain points n its got me worried ever since everytime i changed my phone weird things would happen its broken at the lower left n right n top left its a samsung j6 im getting a new phone ive held onto it thinking if any evidence is on it i need to know what n where on the phone it is n do something about it. Do you know if apps like the othets ive mentiomed are ok - permission controller, ims logginh, silent logger goohle partner set up theres others i dont want to bore you with all this - thank you
Screenshot_20231025-035125_Settings.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231025-035142_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20231025-035142_One UI Home.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20231025-035053_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231025-035053_Chrome.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20231025-035031_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231025-035031_Chrome.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20231025-032020_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20231025-032020_Settings.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 0
if that is the case, then i would do a factory reset on the phone. this will delete anything malicious. just be careful on what you re-install afterwards. re-installing all of your apps could restore any remote access software. i would also setup 2 step verification wherever possible.

and all of your screenshots are not showing the burn in. i guess that makes sense. can you take a photo of the screen from another device? like a camera?

Reactions: phoenix4747
Upvote 0
if you tilt the phone slightly towards you you can see it better, ive factory reset it before am i best putting the oem lock on before i factory reset it its off n am i right in saying if i do that then any modifications if any have been made itll get rid of these aswell as your right if i factory reset n the install the apps again it could install the one or so many of the bad apple apps so to speak lol no pun intended its an android phone that i think i need to get rid of as soon as. Thank you for your help n your time youve been a great help ive felt alone with this for ages hating not knowing what this or that is so many q's n not alot of answers umtil now thank you :)

Upvote 0
In Leeds West Yorkshire, you? N i totally agree thank you i need a new one as you can tell however currently trying to move and start again n thought the phone might help me find some answers or do i chuck it n move on. I had some personal stuff go on a few years back n am Im trying to get enough to get a new phone n move forward wrong choice of relationship, we live n learn i guess ey) thanks for asking n i totally agree so im starting again thats the plan anyway n hoping my items on etsy sell asap so i can make that start! Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0
In Leeds West Yorkshire, you?
East Coast USA. If you lived closer, I'd send you one of my old phones, but shipping would be an arm-and-leg and probably the wrong bands.

Wishing you lots of luck as you navigate through the personal stuff. It can be tough when you feel like you're starting over and rebuilding from scratch (trust me I know), but I'm rooting for you!

Upvote 0
East Coast USA. If you lived closer, I'd send you one of my old phones, but shipping would be an arm-and-leg and probably the wrong bands.

Wishing you lots of luck as you navigate through the personal stuff. It can be tough when you feel like you're starting over and rebuilding from scratch (trust me I know), but I'm rooting for you!
Awwwww bless you thank you though i need a miracle right now. I'll get there. All the best :)

• Love
Reactions: Rob and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones