faster dialingSupport

Last Updated:

1. jack frost

jack frost Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm used to a blackberry and especially how easy it is to dial out on a blackberry. I just got an x10 and I'm very excited about what I've been able to do so far but dialing out takes 3-5 button presses and some searching for the names of the person I'm looking for.

is there an app or other way to get a phone call off to a specific persons number. I'm hoping there may exist some way I can just start typing a name and click "call" like I would on the blackberry.

thanks for your thoughts

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hi there, when I got my phone I had a google for the best apps cos I truly was overwhelmed by the variety out there.

I hit on a top 100 site and came across something called 'Gesture Search'.

It gives you a blank screen on which you write with your finger the first (and if needs be second / third / fourth letters) of you desired contact. Ie 'A' will give you Adam, Alan, Amy etc with a green telephone handset next to them. Simply tap that and you are dialing. If you press on their name it takes you to the stock phone book.

It will also give you apps on your list like Alarm and Astro (my choice of file manager) so if you have loads of apps on there it gives a quick way to get to them too.

There are good dialer apps out there too although a couple of the top ones don't work on 1.6. Have a wee look on the market, download a few freebies and give them a go. If they are pants just uninstall them, nothing lost but a couple of minutes of your time!

Have a look at following thread on same issue, may give you some ideas:-

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/95910-fewest-clicks-make-call.html

Happy dialling!

jack frost likes this.
  3. aderuk

aderuk Active Member

I use mecontacts great app plus you can add around 30 contacts ,if you put the app on home screen then its two touches to make a call you can also set the contact to sms instead of call and pictures to the name etc.
    hope this helps

4. rosered

Hi Aderuk took your advice and have added mecontact too. It looks pretty good, I will prob keep both apps on the go but cheers for the info. Thats why I love these phones, you can carry on adding/changing till you get exactly what you like.

5. Brumbjorn

Brumbjorn Active Member

I put a folder with Direct dial shortcuts on the home screen. Two clicks for 20 of my most used numbers.

(Changing where to put each contact is a simple puzzle game too. ;) )

6. jack frost

thanks rosered, I'm going to give that a shot. this is exactly the kind of help I was hoping for :)

yep, I had put my top 7 as links on my right hand screen all by themselves. Eventually I might want that space so I was hoping for another solution. I think putting them into a folder should keep it tidy though so thanks for that.

7. jack frost

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaah! oh my god gesture search is the greatest thing in the world and i love it.

thank you thank you thank you thank you :D

(sorry if this post is lame, but I'm really happy :) )

8. rosered

Lol.... I love it as well. I am a sad ar*e about apps too. Got mega excited earlier when I discovered that you could change the colour of your LED light, firstly with Handcent then I added Blink. The only things I have to worry about is firstly annoying my husband by telling him how wonderful my X10 is (meaning :p better than your Iphone 3gs) and at what point I will run out of space for downloading more apps!

Glad to have been of help.