• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Features I would like to see in android 3.0 aka GingerBread

1.Better kinetic/smooth scrolling system wide.Right now its all choppy and not as smooth as the competition

2.Cut/Copy/Paste improve system wide, more like how it is implemented on HTC phones web browsers like Evo,Desire e.t.c

3.Built todo list in calendar with Google sync.

4.Improved application switcher that handles application switching better than holding down home button.

5.Built in better task manager for killing unused applications and services.

6.Find my phone feature on google account using maps/ remote wipe.

7.Parental controls system for google market/web.

8.Built notes application with sync to Google docs.

9.Better information on application access to private information.Right now the information is not user friendly enough neither detailed to be useful to know if an application is asking too much.

10.Improve Gmail application. Better representation of threaded mail messages.

What are your desires for Android 3.0?

READ MORE ABOUT GINGERBREAD

The one big thing I'd like to see is some freaking format support for media. Or at least rebuild the media player to support codecs.

So, image formats like animated gifs, along with broader support for audio and video with codec support.

This us really something that should have been included in 1.5, and am amazed it still hasn't been done.

Upvote 0
I would like to see something added to the camera to help with blurry photos. Perhaps add a way to use the phones sensors like accelerometer or something along the lines of the six-axis gyro to take crisp clear photos. Image stabilization!!

Also, agree on the sound profiles similar to BB.

Built in apps for all kinds of tethering. USB, WIFI, Bluetooth

Unified Messaging widget that allows for SMS, MMS, Email, and social networking notifications

Built in DSP for better music quality.

Much improved media format compatibility

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones