• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Few questions about the X

bajaboy

Aug 16, 2010
Ill first say that I am sorry, i know there are many threads with the same topic but i could not find an exact answer i am looking for.

Ive been a blackberry owner since day one. Two weeks ago i picked up my first android, the incredible. I love this phone but hate the battery.

But for some reason i keep thinking i should have gotten the X. I picked the dinc because it was smaller and i could use it in the gym as a mp3 player. But now i believe the bigger screen would benefit me.

Im currently rooted and tether my dinc. This is the reason i bought it over the x. Now i see the X can be rooted. But can i get the free tether as well? Do any of you guys use this phone in the gym or is it just too big?

Anyone who owned the dinc previously what do you have to say about it now after using the X.

I have never been so mixed up on a phone. Blackberrys were pretty much all the same. Any answers or points are much appreciated.

I have both the Inc and the X - battery life is about the same. I use both for MP3 player in the gym, my car, everywhere. They work equally as well for this IMHO. The Inc does have a louder external speaker, but I am usually using headphones. Sense on the Inc is definitely smoother and better than Blur. I set up my X with ADW launcher and use the Sense skin. It almost as nice as sense, but still just a tad more laggy. Overall the X is just a tad more laggy in most areas I have found. It would be nice to not have to run a Launcher over Blur as I believe this is what causes most of the lag. Having a custom ROM that negates Blur would be ideal, but that may never happen with the locked down X.

Overall, I lean slightly towards the X for the larger screen mainly. It is nicer to browse the web although the auto text resizing on the Inc browser works better, but the larger screen makes having to zoom less likey on the X. I have big hands/fingers and the largers screen for the X is also helpful in typing too. Either phone is a very nice phone no matter which you go with.

Upvote 0
I've had both as well and I really do prefer the X over the INC..
I find the X less laggy than the INC.
I used Launcher pro on both so the blur v sense doesnt matter to me.
The larger screen is nice and the camera is far superior to the INC's.

You can root the X as well as the INC so wireless teather is the same on both phones.

Battery life was big for me I am a heavy user and the INC's battery life was terrible the X's is far better.

They are both great phones you cant really go wrong with either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones