• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Few questions after the 2.3 update

alex_ncfc

Aug 1, 2010
UK
I'm hoping somebody can help with a questions I have after the 2.3 update - on the whole I am very impressed with the update - the phone is so much more responsive and doesn't freeze up anywhere near as much, applications install so quickly, and it just looks a lot better.

But I'm a bit annoyed with a couple of things - firstly, where is the "Android Keyboard" that we had with 2.1? I much preferred this keyboard over the "Default keyboard" that I am stuck with now - I only have the default, Japanese or Korean - no Android Keyboard in sight.

Another thing is my phone book - on my old 2.1, if I pressed "Join contact" on a contact, I was offered a likely Facebook contact from my FB account (so if I had somebody on my actual phonebook listed as just their surname, and they were on my FB account, it would offer me the choice to join this contact) However when I click join now, it only offers me the contacts in my Google Phone Book (which I sync with) - no Facebook contacts in sight. I noticed that I can get around this by turning on the option "Show my Facebook contacts in my phonebook" - but I don't want my phonebook to show all of the people on my Facebook! And besides, I didn't have this option enabled on 2.1, yet it still used to let me join my Google PhoneBook contacts to my Facebook ones.

Any ideas out there? Would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks

For facebook you need to make sure that first the Facebook app is setup and also facebook via timescape, once these are done go to Settings->Accounts & Sync->then just choose Background data, Auto-sync and make sure Google and both facebooks are set to sync (should be a green symbal) and if you have them Twitter and skype, you can then go back you you Contacts and it will update with all you facebook, twitter, skype and google contaces. Also on the top left of the contacts list you should see what looks like 3 heads hit this to set up what contacts actually show up in the list Hope this helps :)
For some reason this is now the only way to do it as SE wanted a more "Connected Experience"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones