• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

file association problem 2.1 on Droid

myootnt

Lurker
May 13, 2010
Trying to open a PDF attachment in stock email app and it calls up the Xtralogic Remote Desktop app which proceeds to generate an error that it failed to open the Remote Assistance invitation. I have/had several PDF viewers installed as I was trying them out, including Adobe's. I uninstalled and reinstalled, no change. Also went into app settings and it states that no defaults are set. Of course if the email app could save the file, I could probably figure out how to open it that way...

MMm, I just found a workaround... sent to my gmail account and that app handles it correctly, i.e. it pops up and asks how I want to open it. I set Adobe Reader as default and the OEM email app still fails. The OEM email app is... <expletive deleted>

I might as well ask: I'm a pretty basic email user, I want to read my email, add, open or save attachments and compose email. Is there a decent, clean app that can deal with that and do something intelligent when in the email address field, such as pull up contacts??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones