• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Filtered Market?

Grymjack

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
I have a Droid X as my first smart phone. I really like the phone and the things I can do with it. My first noob question is why my android market search app won't finds things I know are there. Someone was showing me a game called Teeter on their android phone, looked like fun, the search app could find it, but did show some unrelated items? Your newly launched android applications section has the handy QR code that I use the bar-code scanner for. I have found some, but many show up as "not found", like password safe. Is there a filter on the android market based on the phone you have? If so, if there a way around it? Thanks for any help given.

yeah teeter is cool, a guy at work has it preloaded on his Evo. i think thats a sprint app. some apps are for certain carriers only, kinda like how only we have the nfl network. im gonna check out that appbrain

for the record, teeteris just a version of Labyrinth. look for that in the market, youll see the same game just a diff lookin board

Upvote 0
Different apps show up depending on different things. The phone you have, the version of Android you are running, the carrier you use, the location in the world you are. So yes, it is filtered to an extent based on all of those things. When the 2.2 OTA came out the other day Google hadn't apparently allowed that version in some way and apps like Slingplayer and Fandango weren't showing up. Then yesterday I noticed they were back like normal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones