• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally Getting my Droid Tomorrow!

motiond

Nov 10, 2009
WI
Hey all, I think this is my first post! Im getting my droid finally tomorrow and just wanted some heads up on what apps I should get right away, I have been plugging away at some of the post to see what is what, but I thought Id ask too! FYI im coming from the storm, so go easy on me Iam a little broke down from that thing if you know what I mean!! :D

Hey all, I think this is my first post! Im getting my droid finally tomorrow and just wanted some heads up on what apps I should get right away, I have been plugging away at some of the post to see what is what, but I thought Id ask too! FYI im coming from the storm, so go easy on me Iam a little broke down from that thing if you know what I mean!! :D

old storm user as well...let me tell you, the droid is the chuck norris of phones. if it had a hole, i'd...well, this is a family show so I'll keep that thought to myself.

appwise to start off

twidroid
xscope (has multi-touch browsing)
astro
handcent for texting
advanced task manager
google sky map (bc it's fun)
pandora
shazam

android market has tons of stuff

Upvote 0
old storm user as well...let me tell you, the droid is the chuck norris of phones. if it had a hole, i'd...well, this is a family show so I'll keep that thought to myself.

appwise to start off

twidroid
xscope (has multi-touch browsing)
astro
handcent for texting
advanced task manager
google sky map (bc it's fun)
pandora
shazam

android market has tons of stuff

Thx for the tips, I was seeing that handcent for txt a lot in the forums but didn't really understand what its for? Can you explain?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones