• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Finally rooted M865c for Straight Talk

This message keeps coming up every time I poot (or try to) from my fiance's phone. I've tried this multiple times Idk what I'm doing wrong. Has any one else had this error?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385218253643.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385218253643.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
Help! I have NO experience with this stuff. I used this method, but after I pressed "Press here to poot" I go the messages "[-] didn't find symbols" and "A demon materialzed while pooting. Error code: 20 su binary was not written." Huh? I tried rebooting and then pressing "Build-in rootcheck," but the message I got back was:
Path is:
"/sbin:/vendor/bin:/system/sbin:/system/bin:/system/xbin"
no su was found in $PATH

Any idea what this means? I'm so clueless.

Upvote 0
If you are like me you have been searching for a way to root the Huawei Ascend ii for Tracfone / Straight Talk networks. Well my friends, wait no longer, thanks to the genius of giantpune. His exploit also works on the M865c.
Here is the link to his original thread.
Note: While this method should not cause any damage to your phone, I cannot be held responsible for any damages incurred. By rooting your phone you are taking full responsibility for any changes you make.

Step 1:
Download the Poot.apk and place it somewhere on you phone, internal storage or sd card, either will work.
Download Poot-debug.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
(This is the One Touch 910 /ARM5 link on giantpune's thread)

Step 2:
Download the ministro-ii.apk and place it somewhere on your phone.
http://androidforums.com/attachment...912490-optimus-elite-root-apk-ministro-ii.apk
(Again, this is a link from giantpune's thread.)

Step 3:
Install both the Poot.apk and ministro-ii.apk. (You will need to make sure that you have enabled "Unknown Sources" under the application settings menu of your phone before you will be able to install these apks.)

Step 4:
After both apks are installed open Poot. It will open up ministro and download quite a few libraries that are necessary for the Poot to work. Once it has completed click the button that says "Press here to poot" and hope for the best.

Step 5:
Pay attention the the messages displayed on the screen. Most messages should start with a [+], but you should see a couple of [-].
As long as the only warning messages you receive are the following, you should have successfully rooted.

[-]current && current != last + 1: 0000ffff 0000ffff
[-]Haxx has run its coarse. Reboot the device to play again
A demon materialized while pooting. Error code: 64

You will receive these messages because Poot does not recognize the M865c kernel and is unable to clean things up without rebooting.
Again, the three warnings listed above are nothing to worry about.

Step 6:
Reboot your phone to save changes and allow the exploit to take effect.

Step 7:
Open Poot and click on the button that says Built-in rootcheck to verify that your phone is rooted. As long as Poot is able to find 'su,' and it will display its path along with a corresponding message stating success.

Step 8:
Install the superuser app from the google play store. This app is necessary to run other apps as root.

Step 9:
You can now uninstall Poot and ministro, if you like. This should save you a little bit of space since the M865c has limited internal storage.

Step 10:
Thank giantpune for all of his work and consider donating to him because he did all of the work on this. I am only detailing my experience, he deserves all of the credit.

step 2 link is dead

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones