• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finding Quikoffice documents

BWRpota

Jan 5, 2012
For some reason my phone no longer recognizes the MicroSD card. So I connected my phone and laptop using USB, to locate a doc I typed up to send to laptop.
I could not find the .docx file. Looked in My Files, could not find the External SD folder. Where is it? It's weird that I have no external SD inserted, but can still save a doc to "External SD".

For some reason my phone no longer recognizes the MicroSD card. So I connected my phone and laptop using USB, to locate a doc I typed up to send to laptop.
I could not find the .docx file. Looked in My Files, could not find the External SD folder. Where is it? It's weird that I have no external SD inserted, but can still save a doc to "External SD".

could you see any files on the External SD CARD? Have you tried putting the card in to a card reader and viewing that way? Try doin that and tell me if you can view the files or if windows wants to format the disk?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
When I use the card reader on two different laptops, neither will recognize the MicroSD..
I was storing the card within the adapter, then in a tiny ziplock bag, and then this in my billfold.
Do you think maybe it was damaged somehow?
UPDATE: The MicroSD is recognized by one of the laptops; it just took a little time.
Yes, Windows does want to format the disk.
I would rather make sure that there's nothing on there I want to keep before formatting.
Not possible, huh.

Upvote 0
BWRpota;[URL="tel:5914963" said:
5914963[/URL]]When I use the card reader on two different laptops, neither will recognize the MicroSD..
I was storing the card within the adapter, then in a tiny ziplock bag, and then this in my billfold.
UPDATE: The MicroSD is recognized by one of the laptops; it just took a little time.
I would rather make sure that there's nothing on there I want to keep before formatting.
Not possible, huh.

Sounds like its damaged. Make a backup of it, just in case you can't mount it again.

Upvote 0
When I use the card reader on two different laptops, neither will recognize the MicroSD..
Not possible, huh.

lets try to run chkdsk on it

chkdsk x: /f /r <-- replace x with the drive letter windows assigns it.

place the disk into a card reader do not try to do this with it in the phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones