• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Firmware update to stop the DELAY!

Hey guys,
After a year and half of using windows 8 phones i bought my first android phone ( a Galaxy s3 i9300 - international ).After a few days it started to have delay, i remember i did an update ( the phone came with 4.3 JB ).I only have delay when i try to open contacts / settings / keypad / logs / gallery / camera / power button , 2-3 seconds.
I saw a topic on a forum in which someone said that by updating the phone's firmware to the latest one will solve the delay.
Well since i'm a noob at Android platform i got no ideea how to do it and i have a few questions:
- if i change the firmware version will i lose the warranty?
- are there any risks?
- which is the latest firmware version for the Galaxy s3 i9300? my current firmware version is: I9300XXUGMK6.I did a google search and i found many versions such as I9300XXUGNA8 / I9300xxugnb4 / I9300XXUGML3 / I9300XXUGMK7....
Update Galaxy S3 to I9300XXUGNB5 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Stock Firmware <-- should i follow this tutorial?

Thanks a lot!

4.3 is the latest available for the s3 mate. I'm trying to think what you could do to cure the lag (delay) but Samsung are well know for it.
I have a custom rom on mine but I don't think that's something you should mess with yet.
See if there's a minor update available. Go into settings, about phone, check for updates, and see :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones