• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First Apps for your phone

Bedside - not free but well worth the $2. Silences the phone for everything EXCEPT text messages or phone calls from my work or wife while I am getting some sleep. Use it every night and works flawlessly on Droid 2.2 overclocked with custom kernel and ROM.

I am not in any way connected with the developer. Just a satisfied user passing on my own experience

Upvote 0
Bedside - not free but well worth the $2. Silences the phone for everything EXCEPT text messages or phone calls from my work or wife while I am getting some sleep. Use it every night and works flawlessly on Droid 2.2 overclocked with custom kernel and ROM.

I am not in any way connected with the developer. Just a satisfied user passing on my own experience

Will this app let a single email contact ring through, rather than a text or call? I get emergency notifications via email & only want to hear from that one contact in the middle of the night & haven't found anything yet that will let me do that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones