• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root First compcache rom?

I agree it's slow when using the cache, but for me that more than makes up for the number of things you can just leave running and come back to.

But If it was possible, I would prefer a number of areas (home screen, main list of apps, settings) to remain in memory and other apps to be pushed to the cache or removed. This would allow the base functionality to remain fairly quick, but still give you the capability to run a number of apps.

Upvote 0
I try compcache in few different size, also the SWAPPER only. Than I go for an compcache+SWAP, I buy an Class6 MicroSD.

in RecoverBoot V4.2, I use SD format swap+Fat32. but the swap partition fixed at 32MB. So, there are 2 SD (Int+Ext) on Galaxy.:thinking:

How can i resize or repartitioning the SWAP Partition in safe way? is there are easy tool?:thinking:

Upvote 0
you can use microsdhc to usb adapter and then use any partition manager under windows to repartition disk. every good partition manager knows about linux swap partition type.

I can not found any tools can do partition on Windows system.
If I goes by "Parted" in adb shell, which device name I should used as ext-SD?
:thinking:

I got it workout by use
# parted /dev/block/mmcblk1
fellowing instructions like below.
http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news/how-to-manually-partition-your-sd-card-for-android-apps2sd/

cheer.

Upvote 0
gparted should be able to do it too.

I think it is CD ISO image and I did not have CD-ROM hook-up. I prefer worked under Win32, so i can keep others working.

-------------
After I try compcache+swap (8M+256M), it lag so much, like stop response. i think the system keep swapping thing out of RAM since there is lots of SWAP to go. So, I goes back to (8M+32M). have reasonable response from phone.;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones