• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First issue with Proclaim, Dialing Delay

In the past two week my Proclaim has experienced a delay in dialing a number. It takes about 28 seconds for the phone to dial out. I have called Straight Talk and each time they have corrected the problem temporally. A couple days later it is back to the delay dialing. Today Straight Talk said if it happens again they will replace my phone. Anyone else having this problem?

Well I received my replacement phone today and my very first call with the Straight Talk rep still on the land line had the 28 second delay. This being a different phone told me and them the issue must be with Verizon and not the phone itself. After a second attempt to reprogram the new phone they got it working. For how long who knows? I did tell the lady that I would be talking with them soon but I hope not.

When I bought the first phone I bought an 8 gig msd card and I

Upvote 0
Best of luck to you!

As for music, address, and photos... Here's what I do about them.

Music: Use Google Play Music to store all my music to their free cloud service. I then mark those albums/tracks I want locally cached (if I anticipate being in a non-WiFi and non-3G area). Otherwise, usually allow it to stream. Hey, I have unlimited data, right? :D

Address: I just let my Google Apps / GMail account hold all contact info. If they are special places I want to go or whatever, then I mark it as a "Place" in Google Maps. Again, allows for cloud to store the data and keep it sync'd with the phone.

Photos: Two options here. What I used to do was install "Google+" and allow it to auto-upload all photos/videos to your "Instant Album" which is accessible via Google+ or PicasaWeb. You do not need to actually use Google+ for anything else. This is probably the easiest option. My only complaint was not being able to download videos from PicasaWeb/Google+ to my PC. You can download the photos. -- So I now use second option: Install Eye-Fi app on your phone and PC. Amazingly, you don't seem to need an actual Eye-Fi card. The Eye-Fi app will use your 3G/WiFi to automatically send your photos and videos (unaltered) to your PC (even if your PC isn't on!). As a bonus, you can have the Eye-Fi service auto-upload the photo/video to any folder you want on PicasaWeb. Worth checking out. Warning: Need patience to figure it out.

Long story short: Don't live your life on an SD card. They can fail, get wet, or lost. Use that unlimited data plan to your advantage and get the data copied to the cloud/your PC.

This was a public service announcement from your local Imperial Sith Lord.

Upvote 0
Some very good points. I do have all of my music on my computer external hard drive so that is protected. My addresses are synced with Google with a few exceptions. Most of the phone photos are nothing special but if I do get one I want to keep I load it to my sky drive and then save it to my PC.

Thanks for the info. FYI so far so good with the replacement phone.

Upvote 0
I had this issue a month ago, took it 30 seconds or more before I would even hear it dialing. When I called ST about this it took them awhile but they had me dial *22890 to reprogram the phone to their services. Had to do that 3x but it has worked normally since then. Good luck with yours, I had nothing better to do with 30-45 minutes that day to spend on the phone with them till they figured it out. But at least it got fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones